December 23, 2020, 01:22 PM
walt
1994 Blue Moon Lion King promo
folks
has anybody have or seen one of these?
walt
December 28, 2020, 05:09 PM
pcetodd
I saw one back around 1996. Never seen it again. The photo in my mind is very faded.
December 28, 2020, 05:57 PM
David R
Can you please explain what this card is ?
December 29, 2020, 05:56 PM
promoking
Hi David and Todd and all you other crazy promo card collectors out there,
Happy Holidays people!

Yes, It's a blank back lenticular card size promo that was issued by some company to try and compete with Skybox who had the LK rights at the time. They didn't get the license, of course. It's not bad looking and if some kind soul would post the picture for me, I will send it on.

December 30, 2020, 02:39 AM
catskilleagle
Hi Promoking,

Go ahead and send me the picture and I will post it here.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Hi David and Todd and all you other crazy promo card collectors out there,
Happy Holidays people!

Yes, It's a blank back lenticular card size promo that was issued by some company to try and compete with Skybox who had the LK rights at the time. They didn't get the license, of course. It's not bad looking and if some kind soul would post the picture for me, I will send it on.

January 02, 2021, 02:01 AM
catskilleagle
Here are two scans of the card combined into one with images of lenticular printing showing part of the effect of Simba growing from a cub to an adult. If the images appear to be different sizes, it's because I cropped the images a little to get rid of a lighting artifact in the originals received

Thanks to Promoking for the scans.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,
January 02, 2021, 09:16 AM
promoking
Thank you Jess for posting this. When I pulled the card out, I realized it is a bit oversize and not standard.

January 04, 2021, 08:35 AM
walt
Promoking
would you be interested in parting with your blue moon lion king promo?
walt
January 04, 2021, 05:26 PM
promoking
WALT,
That is my favorite all time Disney movie and It took me so many years to find this card that I couldn't bear parting with it...yet! I promise that when I'm ready, you'll be the first one I contact. Did you find the SB1? That's another toughie.

January 07, 2021, 09:19 AM
walt
promoking
yes i did...thanks for asking...if you find a 2nd blue moon lmk
walt
November 09, 2022, 01:48 PM
Dukdukguss
Hi Walt,

Just wondering if you know someone who has a Lion King SB1 card that they would like to sell. I’m seriously interested as that would complete my set that I’m handing down to my grandkids. Thanks!