Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Tower Heist 2011 Movie Cards
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Tower Heist 2011 Movie Cards
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone ever see these ? Harris posted about them on his blog last year, for the 2011 Eddie Murphy movie.

Apparently there were 2 different promo packs, one given out in New York, another in California, at special screenings of the film. These were not given out at theaters at regular showings of the movie. To top it all off, I believe Harris said that there were variants on 2 of the cards, that were given to the movie's director, to give out to his friends. The variants were not given to the public.

The cards were produced by the Suckadelic / Art Hustle guys.

I have never seen these, except for the scans on Harris' blog, but then again I never looked for them. Has anyone come across these cards ?
 
Posts: 4392 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I have some of the West Coast packs, I would have never even looked for them if it was not for Harris posting about them. I opened one pack, kept one sealed, sent another pack to a friend, and still have one unopened pack.

____________________
"The problem, I'm told, is more than medical."
 
Posts: 5678 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I wonder if any of the 11th card that were only available through the direct ever turned up? I think the rest of the cards are going to be be hard enough to find and number 11 will be killer.
 
Posts: 12934 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Batman, just curious, where did you find your packs. Not that I intend to look for the cards, myself. Has anyone seen any show up on ebay in the past ?

Harris, it sort of reminds me of those "Mars" 15 card sets for that Ice-Cube movie from 10 or so years back. (What was the exact name of that film? Warriors of Mars ?) The 15th card was the rare card of director John Carpenter, and no one has ever seen it, to my knowledge
 
Posts: 4392 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I won them on ebay, the four packs went for just over $20, so I was happy with that. SmileI have them on my saved searches and that is the only time I ever saw them.

____________________
"The problem, I'm told, is more than medical."
 
Posts: 5678 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
They are VERY nice
 
Posts: 11866 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Batman, just curious, where did you find your packs. Not that I intend to look for the cards, myself. Has anyone seen any show up on ebay in the past ?

Harris, it sort of reminds me of those "Mars" 15 card sets for that Ice-Cube movie from 10 or so years back. (What was the exact name of that film? Warriors of Mars ?) The 15th card was the rare card of director John Carpenter, and no one has ever seen it, to my knowledge


Yeah, I remember the title but I didn't know about the 15th card. Or maybe I did but have forgotten it. Big Grin
 
Posts: 12934 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Harris, it sort of reminds me of those "Mars" 15 card sets for that Ice-Cube movie from 10 or so years back. (What was the exact name of that film? Warriors of Mars ?) The 15th card was the rare card of director John Carpenter, and no one has ever seen it, to my knowledge


Ghosts of Mars, a lousy movie.
 
Posts: 8056 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I won them on ebay, the four packs went for just over $20, so I was happy with that. SmileI have them on my saved searches and that is the only time I ever saw them.


So it was you that I was bidding against? Smile

I have only seen these twice on Ebay. Once when Harris first posted about them and then once recently. I have even tried emailing the director to get the director card (no luck there - email is always full.

They are and will remain on my watch list. I do want those cards! Smile

I'm glad at least someone I know got the cards...

Mike.
 
Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moderator
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Batman, just curious, where did you find your packs. Not that I intend to look for the cards, myself. Has anyone seen any show up on ebay in the past ?

Harris, it sort of reminds me of those "Mars" 15 card sets for that Ice-Cube movie from 10 or so years back. (What was the exact name of that film? Warriors of Mars ?) The 15th card was the rare card of director John Carpenter, and no one has ever seen it, to my knowledge


Yeah, I remember the title but I didn't know about the 15th card. Or maybe I did but have forgotten it. Big Grin


David is right. There was supposed to be a random signed card by John Carpenter. I have never seen one...

Mike.
 
Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an auction from a few months back that shows what the sealed packs look like

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-PACK...&hash=item4161596ac7
 
Posts: 4392 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I finally picked up a set of all 12 of these, the 9 cards, the 2 checklists, and the "rare" card. Smile
 
Posts: 4392 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
A current check at that "place" may surprise you
 
Posts: 802 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Can you provide pictures?
 
Posts: 766 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If someone wants to email me, I can send scans of the 12 cards to them, to post here, as I am not sure how to post

email: mistermycroft@msn.com

The cards are not very exciting looking, so don't get your hopes up too high !
 
Posts: 4392 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
If someone wants to email me, I can send scans of the 12 cards to them, to post here, as I am not sure how to post

email: mistermycroft@msn.com

The cards are not very exciting looking, so don't get your hopes up too high !



You can see them all (and the wrapper) here:

The Making of Tower Heist Trading Cards
 
Posts: 12934 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I like these promo movie mini-sets so I just picked up a few packs of this one.

Wonder if I will get a set or still be missing a few...
Does anyone know from experience?
 
Posts: 2223 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you read the article you know there is a NYC pack and CA pack Nine of the cards are the same but the last one is different. I can use the CA card. I have packs from the NYC premiere for trade. There is also a limited signed John Carpenter card which I don't have.

quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I like these promo movie mini-sets so I just picked up a few packs of this one.

Wonder if I will get a set or still be missing a few...
Does anyone know from experience?
 
Posts: 924 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, one version of the pack contains the checklist card #10 and the other has checklist card # 11

The 12th card is the "rare" card given to the director, to give to his friends
 
Posts: 4392 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info... So I surmise that I'll be missing 1 (of the 2) checklist cards, and the rare Carpenter card.

Is it OK to text the word **** here? Roll Eyes
 
Posts: 2223 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Tower Heist 2011 Movie Cards

© Non-Sport Update 2013