Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Help with Star Trek Promos.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Star Trek Promos.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
Hello-

I picked up a binder of what seem to be mostly promo cards at a convention about a year ago. . . I'm finally getting around to going through it and I'm trying to figure out basically if there is anything of interest/value in here or if I was foolish with my spending.

I have about 25 of these Fritt cards. They appear to be a sticker, and probably a food premium. A number of the cards have wrinkles, and they aren't cut out very cleanly.

I have about 24 of these cards, that I think were inserted in to VHS tapes. Quite a few of these have corner and other condition issues.

I have 3 of the same of this one. I really haven't found anything about this set.

Any information on these would be awesome.

Thanks!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Hi Jon - email sent.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
On the Star Trek Video cards, 80 cards forms a complete set. If I remember correctly, these were inserted 2 or 3 at a time per specially marked VHS tapes. In my opinion each card is worth between $5.00 and $8.00 if it is in Near Mint/Mint condition. I hope this helps.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

I think I bought 2 of those videos back then and got just one card per video. I would agree on your price range. The other thing I recall was that the card inserted was sometimes not up to Near Mint condition according to some collectors so a NM/MT set would not be easy to assemble.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
On the Star Trek Video cards, 80 cards forms a complete set. If I remember correctly, these were inserted 2 or 3 at a time per specially marked VHS tapes. In my opinion each card is worth between $5.00 and $8.00 if it is in Near Mint/Mint condition. I hope this helps.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hi Promoking,

I think I bought 2 of those videos back then and got just one card per video. I would agree on your price range. The other thing I recall was that the card inserted was sometimes not up to Near Mint condition according to some collectors so a NM/MT set would not be easy to assemble.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:

You are probably right about the 1 card per video insert rate. About 15 or so years ago a complete set of these came up for sale in mint condition. I'm guessing none of the cards had been inserted in the videos but rather had come directly from the manufacturer. It wasn't cheap.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Hi Jon - email sent.

Does anyone know anything about the 1995 Voyager Gummy Awards promo?

Posts: 1 | Location: Oakland, CA | Registered: May 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Voyager Gummie promo was free to people who participated in Non-Sport Update's survey (Best card series, Best manufacturer, etc.) that year. I think 1000 cards were printed (don't quote me, though) but with Star Trek card collectors and promo card collectors all wanting at least one for their collections, demand exceeded supply at some point. However, there always seems to be one for sale online with sellers testing the waters at around $200 or more. I haven't seen one actually sell for a couple of years. I think if one of those sellers came down to earth and put one in a real auction and started it at $5, it would end up in the $75-120 range but it might be a $150 card. My rationale for that is a Babylon 5 Gummie promo sold for $90 last year and another one went recently for the same price. A Star Trek promo of the same level of scarcity would be expected to go for around that.

quote:
Originally posted by parapalooza:
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Hi Jon - email sent.

Does anyone know anything about the 1995 Voyager Gummy Awards promo?

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post