Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Inkworks 2004 Alien vs Predator Sketch Case Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/9697036096

July 31, 2018, 12:03 AM
piko
Inkworks 2004 Alien vs Predator Sketch Case Cards
I am interested in how many 2004 Alien vs Predator Case sketch Cards there are The Price guide says that there was a SDCC sketch not sure wether this was a Promo or a case card Jeff Allender has only 3 cards listed but on E Bay there are a number of cards described as Case Cards 3 # CL1 to CL3 and by various artists at least 7 with the prefixes A to D being sold as only available as Case Inserts is there a way to be able to tell these apart EG Pack insert from Case inserted or can they be all classed as Case Cards
July 31, 2018, 03:26 PM
paul hart
Hi
The sdcc sketch was done exclusively at San Diego comic con-can’t remember if it was 1 or 2 different artists, they were available on a couple of days to do free sketch on a special card designed just for the event.
Hope that helps?
Paul
July 31, 2018, 04:56 PM
piko
So the SDCC card in theory was not a case card as such as Jeff Allenders checklist says CL1 to CL3 were case cards also pack inserted this leaves the other 7 #a to f that are classed as only obtained as a case card on E Bay also case inserted as well as being able to be pack pulled
July 31, 2018, 08:23 PM
Kennywood
I was fortunate enough to be at the 2004 SDCC and was able to get Tone Rodriguez to do the following sketch cards at the Inkworks booth:

There was another artist doing sketch cards, but I can't remember who it was. As Tone did the first sketch card for me, I had him do the other two.

Here is the back of the sketch cards:

These are not the same as the case loader sketch cards. For one, you can see the Inkworks name in the lower, left-hand corner of the front of the SDCC sketch cards.

Here is one of the case loader sketch cards (CL2):

Here is the back of the case loader sketch card:

The case loader sketch cards have "AVP" in the lower, left-hand corner of the front of the card. This is different than what is shown in the lower, left-hand corner of the front of the SDCC sketch card.

I'm fortunate that Tone Rodriguez is also the artist of the case loader sketch card, so it matches the SDCC sketch cards I had him do.

August 01, 2018, 12:45 PM
piko
I was under the impression that all the case cards were all the same picture but now realise that they are not i have now seen different pictures of cards #CL2 & CL1 this would account for the ones described a to f being to differentiate not the # but the pictures so I will now assume that there are 6 or 7 pictures or sketches over the whole Case Card set including the SDCC cards
August 03, 2018, 04:10 PM
Don Norton
Tone Rodriguez also was at the Inkworks Booth at Wizard World Chicago. He did one very similar to that CL2 shown above for me.