Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1994 Skybox Sandman Silver Foils
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1994 Skybox Sandman Silver Foils
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the additions. For years, there seemed to be just those four sheets though I think Todd or someone else noted another one somewhere. I thought maybe Skybox didn't distribute all the numbers as 6-card sheets for some reason, but based on your list, maybe they did.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked at auctions ended on ebay. There was a full album with 4 uncut sheets. There were pictures of only 2 of them. I didn't have one of them. The sheet had August, Thermidor and 4 other cards on them.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone has on ebay now a signed Sandman S1 promo, with Gaiman's signature on it.

Numbered 8/250

Not sure if that one has been reported.

Asking price $ 200.

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I heard that there is a DC Sandman movie/T.V series being produced. If it's true, these cards are going to skyrocket in value.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't see tnat one. I do see some interesting recent sales. A "Delirium" silver foil prototype sold for something south of $125 (so maybe $100 even) but the one that hurts is a "Destiny" prototype went for just $11.95. I wish I had seen that.

Two prototypes hardly ever offered, the "Destruction" and "Death" cards, sold as a pair for $92.88 with 11 bids on March 24. Here's the link to that. Check it out in the next couple of weeks because the auction will expire in a couple of weeks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12520...rksid=p2047675.l2557

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Someone has on ebay now a signed Sandman S1 promo, with Gaiman's signature on it.

Numbered 8/250

Not sure if that one has been reported.

Asking price $ 200.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see what appears to be one of the S1 promos signed and numbered of 250. The seller shows a COA but it says the card is one of 200 signed by Gaiman though you can clearly see it is hand-numbered out of 250. It also appears to lack the Skybox embossed stamp. It might be the real thing but it has a couple of red flags.

quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have the Sandman promo sheet that came in the frame, with the seal, numbered out of 4444

Not sure why it is so hard to find. I have never seen one on ebay, and it took me years to locate one !

I got one of these unframed. I am not sure if they were framed at first though.

I did get a special framed one that was limited to /25. It has matching numbers for the /4444 promo sheet, /250 S1 signed by Neil Gaiman with an embossed Skybox stamp, one silver Despair promo and a plaque saying "In Appreciation of a Great 1993 and anticipation of a 'Super' 1994! Skybox International 16/25".

My notes say this is a framed set from the Philadelphia Comicfest 1993, but it doesn't say anywhere on the front or back, so I probably copied it from the auction I won.

I also have a S1 autographed by Neil Gaiman with a Skybox emboss and numbered /250 promo. Same kind as in the frame.

These stuff are pretty cool and sometimes I find out about them on ebay years after the set came out. Right now, I am looking for any of those 6 card uncut sheets that I am missing.

Thanks,
David

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Five of the silver foil prototypes (Death, Delirium, Desire, Despair, and Destruction) sold for $53 each at auction on April 23. There was only one bidder for each one.