Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Walking Dead Season 1 promo mystery!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Season 1 promo mystery!
 Login/Join

Picture of pendragon
posted
Okay, can someone please shed some light on this for me! CZ made 5 different promo cards for their Walking Dead Season 1 card set...or did they? I currently have, in my collection, all 5 but now I'm finding out that there is a 6th promo. A P1 that has the same front as P2! My P1 shows a close-up of a zombie in the woods and has the NON-SPORT UPDATE logo on the back. The P2 shows a group shot of the cast(same as the cover of the binder) and has the PHILLY NON-SPORTS CARD SHOW on the back. Now I/m seeing that there is a P1 that has the front of P2 but with NO NON-SPORT UPDATE logo on the back. When did this happen! What gives! and yes I looked at Jeff Allender's online check list and no mention and nothing on CZ's site either! Is there truly a mystery WD promo out there?

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I had seen a couple on ebay and pick one up. It was the first time seeing them. Have no idea were they are from, maybe CZ did a second print run with a different image. I too would like to know there origin.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As John says this is not the first time it has appeared, it would be intresting to know just how many of them there are.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
if anyone from CZ would care to chime in it would be appreciated.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First time I have heard of a P1 variant--I don't have one. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
These are on some very thin card stock, witch does not match what CZ has been putting out. Sorry I purchased the one I did. I would avoid until someone here's from CZ that these are legit.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I just posted the question and Image on CZ facebook page. Maybe we can get a answer if it there's or a fake.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Here's the card were talking about. I just checked CZ facebook page and it looks like they deleted my question. This company won't be around much longer, they don't seem to know the golden rule of business.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That will teach you to ask perfectly normal and sensible questions. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:
Here's the card were talking about. I just checked CZ facebook page and it looks like they deleted my question. This company won't be around much longer, they don't seem to know the golden rule of business.

Do Cryptozoic promos usually have the hologram on the back?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've every seen a Hologram on there promo cards.

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
None of mine (all promos) have the hologram logo on the back. Those are only reserved for the autographs and costume cards as far as I know.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

I can see your Facebook post.

I wasn't around at the time the WDs1 promo cards were produced, but I have seen the cards you've described in the vault.

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so they have confirmed they had one printed, it would be nice to know how many they had printed and why they chose not to distribute them.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Thank You mgeo for your response.

Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
so they have confirmed they had one printed, it would be nice to know how many they had printed and why they chose not to distribute them.

And also why they didn't number it P6 since there was already a P1?!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pendragon:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

And also why they didn't number it P6 since there was already a P1?!

well I think the answer to that is that this was P1, it was the first promo they ever made for the set but for some reason they decided not to go with it and printed another P1 instead. The question of course is where are all the original P1's that were printed?

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I saw a couple breaks where the collector said they got a promo card in their Walking Dead Season 3 (Part 1 or 2? Don't recall) box.

So maybe a few of these were seeded into boxes.

That would explain them suddenly appearing.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post