Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    DO THEY EXIST OR NOT ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DO THEY EXIST OR NOT ?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I was perusing through the PCE and highlighted the cards that are listed as either "not known/unknown" or "thought not to exist". OK! So here's the list. Does ANYONE have any of these cards or can we once and for all send them to their well deserved tomb of the non-existent.
BATMAN RETURNS: 2of3 and 3of3;
BUBBLEGUM: GUM 002;
DISNEY SUNCOAST: #117,139;
GODZILLA KING/MONSTERS: #10;
HEAVY HITTERS: #5;
PONY CAR PERFORMANCE: P2;
PRESS PASS: PP3;
RADIX: #3/4;
ROAD WARRIORS: S2;

If you have any of these cards please post a picture so we can all see what we're missing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Well, I can scratch one off of the list right now.

Disney Cruise Lines M3 is of Helmsman Mickey.

The Disney Cruise Lines checklist in PCE is seriously lacking. If there is a next edition, Todd should use the list put together by Michael Beam.

PCE stops at M4. I also have M5, M6, M7, 2 different M8's, and M9.

I should also mention there are 2 versions of M2 and M4. Disney also started numbering cards DCL#. I have DCL1, 2, 3 and 9. Not sure if there are any others but I'm guessing there must be 4 through 8 as well.

I have to locate my Free Enterprise cards to check that one out. I thought that I had them all, but cannot remember if one of them is numbered 1.

Mike..

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does the Ultraverse Master Series H1 promo actually exist ? I am not talking about the H1 hologram chase card from the set

I know that PCE lists it, but has anyone seen it ?

Same question with regard to the Creators Master Series P0 promo, also by SkyBox.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Does the Ultraverse Master Series H1 promo actually exist ? I am not talking about the H1 hologram chase card from the set

I know that PCE lists it, but has anyone seen it ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John Oder,

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I was perusing through the PCE and highlighted the cards that are listed as either "not known/unknown" or "thought not to exist". OK! So here's the list. Does ANYONE have any of these cards or can we once and for all send them to their well deserved tomb of the non-existent.
DISNEY CRUISE LINES: M3;
FISH-O-SAURS: #8;
FREE ENTERPRISE: #1;
SPACE JAM: #2,4,6 (I HAVE #5)

If you have any of these cards please post a picture so we can all see what we're missing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John Oder,

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I can't say for sure, but the 117 and 139 Disney Suncoast cel cards have yet to surface. Remember at one point, the 135 card was also on the list but several have surfaced in the last few years.
Who knows. Maybe the 117 and 139 are sitting in a video store closed because of the recession, or maybe they are in a reps drawer waiting to be discovered.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
The Disney Cruise M3 exists as do many others that were not originally listed.

If you really need an image, let me know.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever seen the Bubblegum promo # 2 on Albert's list, above ? This was released in 2000 by ArtBox

Everyone has seen promos 1, and 3 to 6. Perhaps they were meant to be #1-5 and #6 was misnumbered ? I remember speaking to ArtBox back in 2000, and they claimed that # 2 was not available. Maybe it didn't exist ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert,

The Free Enterprise #1 definitely exists. I spoke to someone involved with the production of the film, and he confirmed that it came in the CD soundtrack for the movie, and was not given away at SDCC like cards # 2 to 4

Not sure if the CD was specially marked or not, indicating that it came with the card

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thank you David. Let's keep looking.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He told me it was only in the first 1,000 or so CDs, and that those CDs are marked as having the card inside

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Didn't Mike just sell one of these?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, Wolfie.

Albert, the card depicts William Shatner in a leather jacket, I believe.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally received my Free Enterprise card #1 this weekend, after eons of searching ! Got it from the film's director. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I admire your sleuthing abilities, David!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert, I just found him on Facebook and sent him a message

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Studs Lego promos P6 and P7 exist

Some checklists, including the one on the Studs website, list them but not with images. The Studs creator told me in an email that the two were never printed

Yet he sent me a promo P8 so it seems odd that P1 to P5 and P8 exist, yet P6 and P7 do not. Perhaps he just ran out of them ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Benchwarmer 2013 Chiller Show card # 2. I have seen only # 1 and 3 so far

I'm sure it exists, but have not seen any turn up. Don't even know who is on it

There were also Chiller cards for other years, different images

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

Regarding Space Jam, I would assume #2, 4, and 6 exist. I have #1, 3, and another one. At the time I asked a friend in Germany if he would check to see if he could get me some German food issue cards. I got those Space Jam and a few Flipper before the promotions ended. I think I got a few Pink Panther (Dr. Oetker) from him too and was able to finish that set later.

I haven't seen anyone with those Space Jam nor Flipper cards since.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
DISNEY CRUISE LINES: M3;
FISH-O-SAURS: #8;
FREE ENTERPRISE: #1;
SPACE JAM: #2,4,6 (I HAVE #5)

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've never seen Promo 1 of "Street Sharks" despite having come across several others.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post