Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    DO THEY EXIST OR NOT ?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DO THEY EXIST OR NOT ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert,

You asked above about the Star Cards 2004 Super Mega Cat, whether it exists. I do have one. Maybe I can send a scan to a fellow Card Talker to post it.

I noticed that PCE lists 11 different cards, but I have 12. I have one of artist Gene Ha which is not listed.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Here it is.

https://ibb.co/XpkJXzD

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pcetodd,

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Todd!

It's always an awesome sensation to see a card I didn't think existed, for the first time. David, How was is distributed?

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert, when I picked these up in 2004 they were presented to me as a set of 12. Whoever sold the cards to me back then had sets.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thanks, david!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the 1992 Roy Rogers set by Arrowcatch, I have the Test Cards T1 to T5 in red, but only T1 to T4 in blue. Is there a blue version of T5 ?

PCE lists the 7 and 13 card sets with silver signatures and the prototype stamps. I have those, but I also have both sets in RED, as well.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
The red T5 card is not numbered as blue card. It says "Bonus Card" instead.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Jeff Allender's site within the Country Gold Series 1 set (Sterling, 1992), there is a listing for the #4 Hank Williams Jr. "special promotional sample" card with text on the back. There is also a listing for a variant which has a space for an autograph. I hadn't heard of that one before. Has anyone seen that?

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I mentioned these in another thread. There are sets with text on the back in German (example below), French and German (example below), Portuguese, and Spanish. I wouldn't be surprised if there was also a set just in French, one in Dutch, and one in Italian.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Guys,

On the Space Jam Kelloggs's cards that you are looking for, are these motion cards ?

I have seen 3 different of these attached to 1996 boxes of cereal, and I noticed that the back of the boxes say that there are 7 in the set

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've noticed that the red-bordered Roy Rogers test cards come up for sale sometimes but the blue ones are harder to find. Does anyone remember if they are rarer or does it just appear that way these days? I noticed that a lot of three blue ones sold recently for under $8 so there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for them when they are avaiable.

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Allender notes that there was a report of an unnumbered Gambit promo for Marvel Metal that was distributed at shows. PCE2008 doesn't list it. Has anyone else heard of that?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the 2013 Benchwarmer Chiller Show set, I have seen promos # 1 of 3 and 3 of 3, but have never seen promo # 2

Have seen all of the ones on the 2011 and 2015 sets

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the very hard to find 1993 "U.S. Stamps" set by Tower Cards, these 4 promos definitely exist:

USS1- Moon Landing
USS2- Columbus
USS3- Thomas Jefferson
USS8- Locomotive

Anyone ever come across any others ? Do USS4 to 7 exist ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, we can finally cross one off the list.

On the 1993 Marvel Universe Series IV a Punisher 2099 sample foil surfaced and sold for $ 455.00 on ebay on September 8.

I have looked for this card for 30 years, but never saw one until now. No, I was not the high bidder.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

I found the auction. Wow, I hadn't seen that one before either. The seller took photos of it from odd angles and different backgrounds so the image of the front and back below looks a little weird.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
OK, we can finally cross one off the list.

On the 1993 Marvel Universe Series IV a Punisher 2099 sample foil surfaced and sold for $ 455.00 on ebay on September 8.

I have looked for this card for 30 years, but never saw one until now. No, I was not the high bidder.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Do these 2 Valiant promos really exist as cards, or just as images ? Click on each to see

https://sonicdan.com/valiant/c...rFilesPrototype1.jpg

https://sonicdan.com/valiant/c...rFilesPrototype2.jpg

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[/IMG]

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
[IMG]