Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    WonderCon exclusive promo cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WonderCon exclusive promo cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Has WonderCon ever had an exclusive promo card before this year?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
is there 1 this year?

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Junior's Cards and Comics will have a 2-card puzzle promo for Vampirella. Check out the Vampirella thread on News and Rumors for the image.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in 1994, there was a Black Web promo (check PCE).

Last year, in the artists' row there was a 3-card set given out for "Anne Frankenstein: Nazi Hunter." The cards are marked "WonderCon 2011" with the logo on the front bottom.

I think there was another one in the 90's.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle

Last year, in the artists' row there was a 3-card set given out for "Anne Frankenstein: Nazi Hunter." The cards are marked "WonderCon 2011" with the logo on the front bottom.

QUOTE]

I have to have these. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the long wait. The cards were handed out one set per person so I have just that one. I have seen it for sale only a couple of times since. If you still don't have it, I'll keep my eyes open for another one.

I haven't been to WonderCon since 2011 because it moved to the Los Angeles area after that but I heard it's back in the Bay Area (now in San Francisco - used to be in Oakland). I'm going to try to check it out this year.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle

QUOTE]

I have to have these. Wavey

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were two regular-size cards given out at the 2002 WonderCon in Oakland which may or may not have been given out elsewhere. One is "Don Marquez's Fantastic Stories" which promotes the first issue of the comic book series of the same name. It shows artwork on both sides from both variant covers (warrior woman/giant ape). The other is "Don Marquez's Retro Blast" which promotes the first issue of another comic book series. It shows the artwork of the cover (female astronaut) and has a blank back.

Neither card is marked as a WonderCon exclusive but I've never seen these in trade lists from other collectors and only rarely elsewhere.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw images for the Anne Frankenstein set here before but the connection has broken. Here they are again:

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Oh yes very nice and i still do not have them.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Was Anne Frankenstein a bodybuilder too?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a set on ebay awhile back. Not sure if it sold. Think it was around $20.

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, Kevins is right. A set went unsold a week and a half ago. The asking price was $24.99.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Oh yes very nice and i still do not have them.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the Black Web promo given out at WonderCon 1994 when it was in Oakland.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that the X Files series 1 P2 or P3 was a Wonder Con issued card.
but not sure wich card or what year

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

Yes, it was P2 and it was in 1995. That one took the longest for me to find to finish the Series 1 promo set and I gladly paid for a rather faded copy (sitting in the sun too long?) not knowing that it would be an easy card to find in the future.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I think that the X Files series 1 P2 or P3 was a Wonder Con issued card.
but not sure wich card or what year

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i was the same but got a good one, I was not sure wich one it was
As i also chased other cards in the set as well.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Eventually, I got a good one too. Some of those X-Files promos were hard to get in the late 90's. Everybody wanted them. The P1 that promotes the comic book, the P5 from Season 2 (Mulder as an old man) and the Season 3 binder promo were the tougher ones if you didn't keep track of all the magazines of the time. There was always one you had to trade for but I got lucky finding a few cheap Season 2 P5's and I traded the extras for what I didn't have.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
i was the same but got a good one, I was not sure wich one it was
As i also chased other cards in the set as well.