Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Package Parodies Promo Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Package Parodies Promo Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I thought that I had all of the Package Parodies promos, released between 1999 and 2004 or so. I have P1-P6 and a few unnumbered ones.

However, searching on the auction sites, I now see that 2-3 years ago, they apparently released more ! I have seen stickers labeled P7, P15, P20, etc. Are these actually promos or something else ? How many are there ??? I see no listing for these in NSU. The most recent ones appear to be from 2009.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I thought that I had all of the Package Parodies promos, released between 1999 and 2004 or so. I have P1-P6 and a few unnumbered ones.

However, searching on the auction sites, I now see that 2-3 years ago, they apparently released more ! I have seen stickers labeled P7, P15, P20, etc. Are these actually promos or something else ? How many are there ??? I see no listing for these in NSU. The most recent ones appear to be from 2009.

I have (P1 thru P15, P17 - with two Different P7's) and two Lie-cuts LC2, LC3

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I think I solved the mystery on these...

In 2009, Package Parodies released 4 different Halloween packs of cards. I am not sure what exactly they contain, but I DO know that when you open them, inside are promos P8, P11, P14, and P15.

In 2010, 2 new Halloween packs were released. These contain promos P7, P9, P10, P12, P13 and P17. Promo P16 DOES NOT EXIST

The promo P7 above has a "regular" back, but previously they released a P7 with a different checklist back (same front). The P7 checklist was not in the Halloween packs

And, yes, as John said, there is also a Lie Cuts Series 3 promo LC3

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Let me correct something that I said above, now that I have the promos in hand

The two P7 promos are completely different, both fronts and backs. They do NOT have the same fronts. They are just both numbered P7, for some reason

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Maybe one was supposed to be P16?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a brief description of the promos:

P7- Package Parodies Series 2 checklist card; front is blue, card itself is on regular card stock; feels like old '70s Topps Star Wars cards

The ones below are on thin stock

P7- Get a Life (shows a bullseye with a dart)
P8- Harpie's Bizarre (parodies the magazine)
P9- Bugweiser (parodies the beer)
P10- Klondork (parodies the ice cream)
P11- Mummy Bears (parody of Gummie Bears)
P12- Ultra Downer (parody of Downie)
P13- Thing Syrup
P14- Stake-em (parody of Steak-ums)
P15- Hot Whales (parodies Hot Wheels)
P17- Flabby Road (parodies Beatles' Abby Road)

Like I said, these promos come in the 2009 and 2010 Halloween packs. If you pick up all 6 packs, you can get them all. The 2 different 2010 packs each contain 3 promos (6 different promos total). The 4 packs from 2009 come with 1 promo each (4 different total) plus non-promo stickers and puzzle cards. The 2010 packs contain nothing except promos in them.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if they did any promos after P17 ?

I thought that the last PP cards they did were the 2010 Halloween packs, but lo and behold it looks like they did Christmas packs in 2010 (not sure what was inside) and other packs through 2012

Looks like the PP website hasn't been updated in many years, and the contact email addresses no longer work