Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Buffy Library Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Library Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I have the opportunity to buy what are called library cards although they are not Inkworks I rather like them there are 10 cards in the set 2 with blank backs 8 with info on card picture no # no maker just a styized B at bottom of the card 9 cards have round corners one of the blank backed cards is square and has a Gold picture Frame around the edge they measure 3 x 4.25 inches any information on these cards
Piko

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was waiting to see if anyone else commented on this, because I'm unfamiliar with the term "library cards" as it may pertain to trading cards. Is it just something to do with the size? Is it something to do with Buffy's school library?

Anyway, in general, if you have something with no copyright and no clear manufacturer appearing on the card, it's usually an unlicensed issue. I don't know that a stylized B indicates a promo card if it doesn't say promo, but it hardly matters. Even when it does say promo, its not one unless there was a licensed product and the promo should still have the maker and copyright info.

If you are buying as a cheap novelty that's one thing. To be a sellable collectible it has to be licensed. And I still wouldn't know what a "library card" means.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have never heard of these, myself, but if you look "you know where" and use the search Buffy Library Card, you can see the 10 card set being referred to (I think)

Very nice looking !

Posts: 3998 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The library association puts out various items for libraries across the country. They do sell them to the public but are mainly for libraries to be used as giveaways. They have posters and bookmark cards featuring various TV, comic book, comic strip and animal designs. I have quite a number of them which I would be glad to trade for others. The problem is you have to buy them in bulk. There are usually 50-100 cards of the same design per package. I have 2 different XENA cards and a Star Trek Voyager with the cast. I may have others I have to look. These are not trading cards more the size of bookmarks. They are fully licensed. I have never seen a Buffy one but would be interested if anyone has them or others I don't have. The card posted on E-Bay is not from the Library Association but was manufactured for retail stores. They were usually sold in book stores or gift shops at a retail price of $3-4 each. Not sure if newer ones are still being made but these are not rare and the one on e-bay is way over priced. Cards are made out of plastic like a credit card. Last time I went to Universal Studios gift shop they had driver's license cards like this. They are a novelty item.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
The library association puts out various items for libraries across the country. They do sell them to the public but are mainly for libraries to be used as giveaways. They have posters and bookmark cards featuring various TV, comic book, comic strip and animal designs. I have quite a number of them which I would be glad to trade for others. The problem is you have to buy them in bulk. There are usually 50-100 cards of the same design per package. I have 2 different XENA cards and a Star Trek Voyager with the cast. I may have others I have to look. These are not trading cards more the size of bookmarks. They are fully licensed. I have never seen a Buffy one but would be interested if anyone has them or others I don't have. The cards posted on E-Bay are not from the Library Association but were probably manufactured for retail stores. Not sure about these since they are from the UK BUT WE DID HAVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN THE USA. They were usually sold in book stores or gift shops at a retail price of $3-4 each. Not sure if newer ones are still being made but I don't think they are anything rare. The USA cards are made out of plastic like a credit card. Last time I went to Universal Studios gift shop they had driver's license cards like this featuring celebrities. They are a novelty item.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
ooook thank you all for the info even though they are not inkworks they came up in the In kworks Promo search I was considering buying them but as there seems to be the opinion that they are plastic will put me off yes they are quiet nice looking that is why I enquired any way might of given the seller some free advertising thank you all

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Meant to get back to this after looking at "library set", but forgot. I don't think these are plastic. I think the poster may have been referring to other sellers with the Willow faux library card that looks like a credit card.

These 10 cards just seem to be unlicensed issue, maybe from the UK. As has been mentioned, the photos seem nice looking. As long as the item is not misrepresented, whether you buy them or not is up to the buyer.

Now I don't buy unlicensed cards, they really have no value and diminish your card collection. It also hurts the true license holder, who must protect his own copyrights. However I can't say that I have never bought unlicensed items, because sometimes they are made very well and are better looking than some licensed issue.

So as long as you know they are only novelty cards and no one is trying to cheat you with a high price or misrepresentation, its your choice if you like them. Just saying, its your money is all Smile

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the info on the library cards after thinking about it they would look different among a collection of Inkworks Buffy cards although I have seen some really good unlicenced products although if i like a product i will buy it but I have decided to pass in the item actually the decider was the rounded corners i think that if all the cards were the same as the square cut card with the gold border the set would of been a winner for me