Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Charmed promo
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted
I can remember some years ago on this forum that someone claimed to have owned a Charmed promo P1 that did not have the 'tm' on it. We all know about the P0 example of this but was the P1 ever verified? I must have looked carefully at over a 100 P1's and never seen one.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Btlfannz:

I have moved your promo question here. Best of luck with your search.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by 'verified'?

It's just I'm an avid Charmed collector and would really like to help answer this.

In my own Charmed Season One Collection I have:

All known promos: NSU-1, SF-1, P2, ML-1, PB-1, PC-i plus:
P0 with TM.
P0 without TM.
But my P1 has TM as have all the others I've either had as spares or come across.

If you mean has there even been a '2nd version' of P1 without TM then, no I've never heard of it - but that doesn't mean the card doesn't exist or that it isn't impossible the same mistake was made twice?

Perhaps the time of printing for each Promo could have affected this as well?

eg P0 - Late 1999/Early 2000.
P1 - Early 2000.
P2 - Late 2000.

The TM on P1 is (Because of the color scheme?) more difficult to see/read compared to the others (P0/P2) and isn't as clearly printed but it's definitly there on the P1's I've seen.

I shall have a search for this - If I find out anything I'll be sure to post here.

I hope you find the answer to what you're looking for Smile

-TC00.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Hi TCOO
It was a while back now (maybe a couple of years ago). I remember the discussion quite well because it went something like: a Card Talk member posted to say that he had found a Charmed 1st series promo P1 without the "tm" on it.
This created quite a flurry as I recall among a number of members. Someone asked the poster if they would put up a picture of this card. That started a fairly hot row along the lines of "Why should I post a picture of it? I'm a respected member of this forum and if I say that I've got it then I've got it. I don't have to 'prove' anything to you or anybody else"
After that things went a bit quiet and I lost the tabs on what happened next. My recent post was really asking if anyone remembered that thread and if the original poster's card was ever 'verified.
As I recall, two people who did getinvolved in the discussion was Harris and Wolfie but neither has responded to this thread so I don't know.

Posts: 509 | Location: Auckland New Zealand | Registered: January 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I must admit i have no memory of this sorry but then again i have no memory of most things. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Wolfie who???

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The variant is listed on Jeff Allender's list

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Hammer, that one listed by Jeff is the common one (PO) what we are discussing is the existance of the same mistake but on promo card P1

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The Variant isn't listed on Jeff Allender's site!

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of btlfannz
posted Hide Post
Yes, I know that (sigh).