Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Rittenhouse Promo Variants
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse Promo Variants
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think it's the same dealer I got them from a few years ago. I also bought the Best of the Wild, Wild West Season 2 promo, which was also rarely seen when it was new. The dealer I bought from had sold at least 70 copies of the Wild, Wild West card and perhaps as many of the Outer Limits Premiere and Hercules cards.

My guess is the dealer was able to make a deal for whatever unreleased cards were available as part of a larger deal with the manufacturer. The dealer was wise enough to keep the price down on anything he had a lot of because only a few collectors were going to pay through the nose to get a card like that.

That Stargate Season 7 variant and the First Wave one might be the hardest to find of the group.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
Recently picked up both variants of Hercules and Outer Limits Premier Edition Cards

Looking in Todd Jordan's 2008 Promo Card Encyclopedia, the variants are listed as rare and hard to find (and carried a hefty price).

Wonder what happened since 2008 as the variants are now easy to find (and a lot cheaper then the price listed)

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve, I just emailed you scans of the Farscape variant to post. Thanks

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Who --- me?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I emailed the scans to you. Thanks for posting. I will see if I can send you the First Wave P1 variant to post.

Thanks again.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for putting the pictures up. I've probably given some of these away not realising they were diffrent.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R has asked me to post scans of the two First Wave P1 promo cards.

Here is the front and back of the P1 that was issued as the promo to the preview set of 6 cards and is shown on their website as such.

[IMG:left]

[IMG:left][url=https://postimg.cc/kVVPXS5v] [/ur[/IMG]

and here are the front and back of the so called Unreleased P1 Promo:-

[IMG:left][url=https://postimg.cc/XZh3w8PP]
[/IMG]

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Thanks for putting the pictures up. I've probably given some of these away not realising they were diffrent.

You didn't give them to me!!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the pictures

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

You didn't give them to me!!

I didn't give them to me either. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
For the unnumbered Outer Limits Premiere Edition Promos, the ones I have; one of the backs (2 autographs) is upside down compared to the (3 Autographs) back. Are they all like this or are there any where they have the same orientation

Also, to clarify the Sex, Cyborgs, and Science Fiction Promos

P1 (3 Autos), P2 (2 Autos), P3 (3 Autos), and RAUKTOL

The P1 (with the eye on the front) - Is this a misprint for the RAUKTOL or does the RAUKTOL also exist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AWR,

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The P1 with the eye on the front was unreleased. It is a different card from the RAUKTOL which was released. It's been so long since I've seen a RAUKTOL that I've forgotten what it looks like.

On the first question, I don't know but believe the all the backs of the 2 autograph variant are the same and all the 3 autograph variants are the same.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by AWR:
For the unnumbered Outer Limits Premiere Edition Promos, the ones I have; one of the backs (2 autographs) is upside down compared to the (3 Autographs) back. Are they all like this or are there any where they have the same orientation

Also, to clarify the Sex, Cyborgs, and Science Fiction Promos

P1 (3 Autos), P2 (2 Autos), P3 (3 Autos), and RAUKTOL

The P1 (with the eye on the front) - Is this a misprint for the RAUKTOL or does the RAUKTOL also exist.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just figured out what the RAUKTOL is. There's a scan of it on the RA website. It looks like the P1 variant. It has "the eye over the beach" on the front but it also says "Sex, Cyborgs, and Science Fiction" on it. The P1 variant also shows the eye but it does not say that on the front.

Jess

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A picture can also be found on page 109 of the 2008 PCE.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's a card to hang onto, Steve. It's been years since one has been out on "the bay."

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
That's not my card. I copied it from an E-Bay auction just to show the picture. It sold for something like $16.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was a great pick-up for somebody. It was an auction with multiple bids so it wasn't just a lucky BIN. It's a rare card but maybe most collectors who would want it already have it.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In a couple of other threads from over the past couple of days, another RA promo has been discussed which I don't see on the list. RA was going to do a Get Smart set but then Don Adams didn't want to sign. It appears the project had hinged on him signing so it got cancelled. Fortunately, singles of the A2 Kopell autograph card did get printed and signed before that happened. RA decided to send them out to dealers so they could give them to their customers. You don't see too many promo autograph cards.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the Get Smart card is nice, but I'm not buying it's a promo.

It promotes nothing.

It was a giveaway, but not everything given away is a promo.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, I didn't know that the Kopell autograph card was from a cancelled RA set until the current NSU Get Smart article appeared. I must have bought it from a dealer at one of the shows.

However it's not a promo, it was intended by its A2 numbering to be part of a set that never was.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post