Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Rittenhouse Promo Variants
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rittenhouse Promo Variants
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you look on ebay and type in Rittenhouse promo variant, you can see the Hercules, Xena, and the Outer Limits with the eye.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, if you search for Outer Limits Premiere on ebay, you can see those 2 promos. Same fronts, different backs.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Fronts are all the same:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I bought that Xena variant, I didn't have that! And I quit collecting, look what you made me do!

There is also the same front with a GUMMIE 2001 instead of P1 on the back, which I do have.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
XENA front & back

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The scans of the Xena promos you posted do not show the "rare" variant.

The P1 in the scan is the common one.

The "rare" variant is the one which has the same front as the BP1 and the Gummie, but a P1 back.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know, I took the picture anyway. I did buy the variant though.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Can you lift the photos of the 2 Outer Limit Premiere promos on ebay, to show those backs ?

Maybe you can post the photo of the Outer Limits "eye" promo, as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also, I have a scan of the Stargate 7 P2 variant

If you email me, I can forward it to you and maybe you can post here. I don't know how

mistermycroft@msn.com

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My e-mail's in my profile.

Outer Limits Variant back

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
For the Outer Limits - Is this for the Premier or for Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction.

My P1 for Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction is different (has red Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction written under the title, has different pictures, and says 3 Autographs per box)

My P2 looks the same as the picture of the P1

So is there variants for P1 of both Premier and Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
AWR is correct, you mistakenly posted the pic of the back of the 2003 P1 promo

The ones with the variant backs are for the 2001 set. I emailed you the links to the ebay auctions. The fronts of the 2001 promos are the same.

The 2003 P1 promos have different fronts from each other.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
WOW! I am really mixed up!
Let's start over with the Stargate Season 7 variant.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here are the OUTER LIMITS PREMIERE EDITION cards (copied from E-Bay), same fronts, two different backs:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve. Can you please post a scan of the front of the 2003 Outer Limits variant ?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This is the OUTER LIMITS SEX CYBORGS AND SCIENCE FICTION unreleased promo card (copied from E-Bay):

This one is confusing because the released P2 card has the same back as the unreleased card, while the released P1 and P3 cards state 3 autos per box.
My head is spinning!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Steve.

On the Farscape Season 2 promo (which we don't have a picture of to post), the variant has the same front as the ultra common promo that you can see all over ebay, the guy in the mask.

From what I recall, the back of the variant says that there is 1 autograph card per box, and the regular one says 2 autos.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Steve, you seem to be buying almost as much after you quit collecting cards as you did when you were really into it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Thanks! I bought that Xena variant, I didn't have that! And I quit collecting, look what you made me do!

There is also the same front with a GUMMIE 2001 instead of P1 on the back, which I do have.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No, not really.
I used to buy cases back when I could afford them.
I remember sitting at my desk sorting the base cards into sets, and then storing them away.
And waiting for that rare card from the case which didn't always come, another reason I quit.

Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Recently picked up both variants of Hercules and Outer Limits Premier Edition Cards

Looking in Todd Jordan's 2008 Promo Card Encyclopedia, the variants are listed as rare and hard to find (and carried a hefty price).

Wonder what happened since 2008 as the variants are now easy to find (and a lot cheaper then the price listed)

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post