Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
In this thread you can ask questions or make comments about any card identified in the UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE thread.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I'll start off the comments Wink

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!

NEVER SAW A FEW OF THESE BEFORE (ESPECIALLY THE CARD BACKS)

THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The local Fox Networks used the Simpsons like crazy during 1990. For instance, our local Fox station (Los Angeles) had a Simpsons themed Los Angeles Lakers poster. An Oregon Fox TV station had a Krusty for President pin with the Station logo at the bottom around the same time.

As for your card with Bart, it's autographed but not by the voice of Bart, Nancy Cartwright. It is from Florida, so it could be signed by a member of the Miami Heat or Orlando Magic basketball teams, or perhaps someone who worked at that Fox station that covered them.

The Tim Burton card back is great. It has the celluloid film style border like the Mars Attacks Widevision promo card, but it appears to be a regular size card. I wonder what it was made for and how it was distributed.

Both are awesome. Thanks for sharing. I'd never seen either. I'll see if I can come up with something for the other thread.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I seem to remember something about that Burton card like only a few were made or something like that.

Very cool item to have.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
Sounds like you're right about the Action Girl card. Perhaps if someone has that set they can confirm whether it's that exact card and I can remove it from my promo collection.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry for posting in the wrong place !

Does anyone have the 5 Milk and Cheese chase cards ? Would like to know what they look like. It appears that each one is unnumbered. As I mentioned, Action Girl is apparently one of the five. I did a quick internet search and I see the Milk and Cheese set itself, but none of the chase cards...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert, I think it is the chase card

Look at the back. It references the Milk and Cheese card set. Also, aren't those Milk and Cheese on the lower front of the card ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
DAVID,
PLEASE POST PICTURES of the Will Eisner card. Descriptions are great but a picture speaks a thousand words. If you forward it to me in an email. I will post the picture for you.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Wizard did mail-in contests all the time, so there's a chance that's how the Eisner signed version was distributed, as a contest prize. If so, the detail would appear in one of the Wizard magazines from that year.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I could not say were they are from, I had a couple over the years. I got the first one I had from a price guide editor at wizard and another form ebay. I pointed them out to david when one turn up on ebay, because you never see them. I posted a picture in the other section.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
John,
Thanks for posting that Will Eisner picture.I didn't know that card existed autographed. Now I know exactly what card David was referring to and what to look for in the future.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
You know I was talking to you about the Alaska Airline promo and you said you had them. What you pictured is not what I was talking about. Those were given away by the Pilots, I was taking about the standard size promo card done to show the airlines, given away by the company that printed the cards. 1990 Sport Shots & J&W Productions & promotions.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
The last ones you posted on Alaska Airlines are not promos.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I have often wondered if they were promos or not. Do you know how they were distributed?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I just know they came in a sealed pack like playing cards and were sold not given away. Check your email.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Is that so for both the black and gold versions? I knew they each came in sealed boxes but so do many other promo sets.Why 2 versions? Do you know for sure these aren't promos.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a 1990s promo set which I do not believe is in PCE. If someone wants to post scans for me, please email me and I will send them to you

I haven't looked at them in awhile, but I think there are 10 cards in the set, on thinner stock. They feature cartoon artwork and depict "controversial" 19th and 20th century authors like DH Lawrence, James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, and others. I think they say on the tops "First Amendment"-- perhaps the name of the set ? The backs are blank, aside from saying promo card or prototype on them. I forget which