Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Donruss Americana ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donruss Americana ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
This one is new, to me at least. Just when I thought I had it all. I've never seen nor heard of this promo before, nor is it in the latest PCE. 2009 James Caan, marked "promo" on the back. Maybe others have seen it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...me=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've got that, it has a flashy foil finish on the front.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I never knew it existed until today! And I have a bunch of the harder to find Americana promos, like Dick Vitale, Jack Hanna, and Stacy Keibler

Also, until fairly recently, I did not know that the Gina Carano promo comes in two versions, RK-PROMO and RK-GC, one foil and one non-foil.

Another "tough" one I am looking for is the Ric Flair, which comes in two versions, P-RF and SL-RF

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So David, do you still need the Caan or are you the one
that bought the one that you linked to? I do have a spare Smile

Also, I didn't know that there are 2 different Ric Flair promos.
I have the SL-RF. And where did you ever get the Jack Hanna card?
I've never seen one other than the picture in PCE...

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have the James Caan promo as well.

Greg,I got my Hanna on Ebay a year or 2 ago.

Will have to check to see if I have the 2 Gina Carano promos, I recall only 1. I might have both Ric Flairs as well.

There are a lot of oddball promos for Americana out there that have not been mentioned....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have the SL-RF.

Got the Ric Flair foil SL-RF (Sports Legend) card in a trade with the "Moose-man" Greg, but my card doesn't say PROMO anywhere...
Guessing that its really a base card and not the promo?? If anyone knows for sure, pls chime in.

Also if memory serves, I think the James Caan promo was given out by Donruss at a Philly NS Show?
I got mine in a trade (as usual).

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
It's the promo.

quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
quote:
I have the SL-RF.

Got the Ric Flair foil SL-RF (Sports Legend) card in a trade with the "Moose-man" Greg, but my card doesn't say PROMO anywhere...
Guessing that its really a base card and not the promo?? If anyone knows for sure, pls chime in.

Also if memory serves, I think the James Caan promo was given out by Donruss at a Philly NS Show?
I got mine in a trade (as usual).

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:

Yes, we gave this card away at one of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. Don't know that I would necessarily say it's rare as the seller says.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was able to obtain the Hanna promo from one of our fellow collectors, a few years back. I had a tough time finding the Vitale, and only located it on ebay about a year ago, for about $ 5 or 10. The Vitale I have is numbered out of 25, I believe.

Has anyone seen the rare Humphrey Bogart promo (supposedly all were sent to Bogie's kin) or the "unreleased" Wayne Newton, some of which were accidently given out at an NSCC show a few years ago ? Someone once sent me a scan of the Newton, but I lost it

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I am really red faced ! I checked, and I do have the James Caan promo. I also have the Ric Flair foil SL-RF and the Gina Carano RK-Promo but not the RK-GC

However, I do NOT have the following. Does anyone have extras on these, or can they at least post scans of what they look like ?

Ric Flair P-RF (only 15 made ?)

Sean Sherk P-SS (different from RK-Promo)

Rich Franklin P-RF (different from RK-Promo)

I believe the last two are the same as the patch chase cards from the set, but they have the National con logo on them, thus making them promos

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen promo P-JLD of Julia Louis-Dreyfus, of Seinfeld fame ?

Not sure that I have seen that one

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post