Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Unknown Comic Images Wrestling promo
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unknown Comic Images Wrestling promo
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I asked this question a few years back, but no one seemed to know the answer.

Maybe 5-6 years ago, I saw an ebay auction for 2 oversized wrestling promos (WWF maybe ?) produced by Comic Images. They clearly said on them that they were from some event in California. I forget the year, but it would have been between 1997 and 2001, I am guessing

I did not bid on the auction, because the description said they were 2 promos from a set of 3, and I didn't want an incomplete set

I know that around 2000, Comic Images did a wrestling set which had oversized, post card like promos, but these were not the same ones

Any idea what they were ?

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
In 2000, Comic Images released 3 oversized cards of Big Show, Triple H and The Rock at the All Axxess Fan Fest in California.
Hope it's ok if I post the link:
WWF Axxess Fan Fest

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are the ones ! Mystery solved !

So they are not promos ? The link says that they were SOLD at the show by Comic Images

Are these tough to find ?

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I've never seen them for sale. I do random searches for WWE/WWF and Comic Images looking for mislabeled Raw Deal items from time to time and they've never come up.
I can't imagine that more than a few hundred (at most) were sold... no telling how many are in good shape 12 years later. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I find any.

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post