Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Marvel Comics Promo Pack Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Comics Promo Pack Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Within the past 8-10 years, I seem to recall at least 3 different offers in which Marvel Comics gave away packs of cards at comic stores to promote the release of the new # 1 issues of their various titles.

I am sure if I dig through the old posts here from the mid-2010s I can find out what they are.

I believe that in most cases there were 5 or 6 card sets which came in a pack, but each one had an extra hard to find card which was 1 in every 10 packs or more.

Can anyone recall what the 3 (or more) packs were ? I think there was a Guardians of the Galaxy one.

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think that there was a Thor pack with a hard to find Donny Cates card.

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tommy C,

I'm not sure about the Guardians of the Galaxy, but yeah, there was that Thor pack last year and an Excalibur promo pack about two years ago.

Jess

Posts: 4382 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post