Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Recent discovery
 Login/Join
 
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
I recently discovered 2 previously unknown 36 card Hanna-Barbera boxed sets that where produced in 1993 and 1995. The interesting part about these is that the box says "this limited edition set of trading cards was made by and for the friends and employees of Hanna-Barbera Cartoons Inc. Not available for retail." Each 36 card set has different glossy trading cards featuring The Flinstones, Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, Scooby Doo and other favorite characters from that company. As I have said in the past, there continue to be hidden gems out there waiting to be discovered if one keeps searching long enough for the "older stuff".

____________________
 
Posts: 602 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

I did see that and considered it. That's a nice pick-up.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I recently discovered 2 previously unknown 36 card Hanna-Barbera boxed sets that where produced in 1993 and 1995. The interesting part about these is that the box says "this limited edition set of trading cards was made by and for the friends and employees of Hanna-Barbera Cartoons Inc. Not available for retail." Each 36 card set has different glossy trading cards featuring The Flinstones, Johnny Quest, Space Ghost, Scooby Doo and other favorite characters from that company. As I have said in the past, there continue to be hidden gems out there waiting to be discovered if one keeps searching long enough for the "older stuff".
 
Posts: 651 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Jess,
How come you passed on it? It's something I jumped on considering the set he had was already 22 years old and relatively cheap for 36 cards. After I bought it he offered me the 1993 set which he said was "much scarcer" and I paid a premium to get that one. I grew up with the Flinstones and Scooby-do so I had to get them.

____________________
 
Posts: 602 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

I see so many interesting things but can't buy everything especially at the time with the holidays on the way. I think it was early last month I saw that. I grew up on Hanna-Barbera too, though even now, there are characters I don't recognize.

Jess



quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Jess,
How come you passed on it? It's something I jumped on considering the set he had was already 22 years old and relatively cheap for 36 cards. After I bought it he offered me the 1993 set which he said was "much scarcer" and I paid a premium to get that one. I grew up with the Flinstones and Scooby-do so I had to get them.
 
Posts: 651 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I don't want to start a new thread - so...
I have a FANTASTIC FOUR card with July 8th, 2005, LIMITED EDITION printed on the bottom front, and 27/50 on the back. Being the greedy so and so I am, is this card worth anything?
 
Posts: 1712 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, there was a company around that time called Flash International that distributed different promo cards about certain movies and each card was numbered out of 50. I have at least a half dozen different ones but don't believe these cards were licensed although very well made. To answer your question, if this is one of the cards in question, I wouldn't attribute a value over $10.00 to it because It is probably bootleg. Of course, if you were to offer it to a diehard Fantastic Four collector it might be worth as much as $25.00 to the right person.

____________________
 
Posts: 602 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is from Flash International. I probably got it from E-Bay. I was buying everything I could get my hands on then from the FANTASTIC FOUR movie. Thank you!
 
Posts: 1712 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Under the PCE additions, there are also Flash International cards listed for Blade II, Amityville Horror, Cinderella Man, Aviator, Bourne, Brothers Grimm, and Dawn of the Dead, all from 2004/2005
 
Posts: 2044 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There's also one for the movie, "Van Helsing." It's also from 2005.



quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Under the PCE additions, there are also Flash International cards listed for Blade II, Amityville Horror, Cinderella Man, Aviator, Bourne, Brothers Grimm, and Dawn of the Dead, all from 2004/2005
 
Posts: 651 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Albert, you mentioned 2 Hanna Barbera sets from 1993 and 1995, but I have also seen an auction for a set from 1994. Is that a third set ?

Box shows Magilla Gorilla
 
Posts: 4045 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
I checked my sets again and here's where the issue was. the copyright year for each set is 1993 and 1994 respectively. However, the 1994 set states on the front of the box that it is the "1995 Edition".Therein lied the mystery which has now been elucidated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

____________________
 
Posts: 602 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post



  Powered by Social Strata  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013