Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Mandrake the Magician
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mandrake the Magician
 Login/Join

posted
I bought a box of cards and found this promo card amongst them, I have been searching but cant find much information about the card other than the set was cancelled. Does anyone have any info about the promo card?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Neilsy,

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was a promo sent to dealers. It's not common but it's also not really in demand. If you're asking for a dollar value, it's probably a $2-3 card - maybe $5 to someone who hasn't seen it.

Posts: 4381 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
The images have got the photobucket banner going through them (for me, at least) so I can't see them properly.
He's one of those characters that's probably more popular outside the USA. A member of "Defenders of the Earth" along with Flash Gordon.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thankyou for the info. I enjoy buying blind boxes and then finding out about the cards.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the card:

Posts: 4381 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see one of these sold for $25 on March 6. Wow. It can be hard to find sometimes and the set was never made so there is some interest out there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13466...tkp%3ABk9SR4yajcvEYw

Picture of Bassam Abdul-Baki
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember the Mandrake comics in the late 40s
He was a magician who solved problems by magic
they seem to be a bit corny now .
I dont think that they lasted or were issued for a very long period but alzimers has set in and thats all I remember. I think he had a pretty assistant
Although occasionally I did purchase the odd copy

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
I do remember picking up this card for $2-3 back in the day...

Posts: 710 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post