Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Serenity
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I have recently procured a set of 8 Serenity Promo cards any info on these cards would be appreciated.
The set has the title Anniversary Signature Print Edition.
Front of card
Picture of Star with Fax signature,and title of set.
Back of card
ANNIVERSARY SIGNATURE PRINT EDITION.
# 1of8 to 8of8.
For Promotional Use Only.
2010 Universal Studios.
The set has a semi background tinge.
Can anyone give me any info on this set, was there a base set of cards issued for this title.
How was it issued Etc.
It is a very nice looking set of cards.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

That's weird. I don't know about that one. I thought it might be the cards that were inserted with figures but the number of cards and the numbering is wrong. The show was on TV in 2002 and the movie came out a few years after that. I would've guessed around 2010.

If it's not a fan club set, it might be a theater giveaway to some special screening to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the release of the movie. You might try contacting a club and any of the big fans of the show to see if anyone has heard of it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I have recently procured a set of 8 Serenity Promo cards any info on these cards would be appreciated.
The set has the title Anniversary Signature Print Edition.
Front of card
Picture of Star with Fax signature,and title of set.
Back of card
ANNIVERSARY SIGNATURE PRINT EDITION.
# 1of8 to 8of8.
For Promotional Use Only.
2010 Universal Studios.
The set has a semi background tinge.
Can anyone give me any info on this set, was there a base set of cards issued for this title.
How was it issued Etc.
It is a very nice looking set of cards.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes the movie was 2010 and the cards mention Universal Studios and the date.
But I have searched every where and can not find any mention of them anywhere.I did not purposely buy them did not even realise that they were in a bulk lot of Promo/Preview sets that I purchased.I will go back to the seller and try and find out any thing about them

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've bought lots too and have been surprised by a few cards I haven't seen before. Almost every time I ask a seller about their cards, they have no idea where they came from even when they are ones who collected them.

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Yes the movie was 2010 and the cards mention Universal Studios and the date.
But I have searched every where and can not find any mention of them anywhere.I did not purposely buy them did not even realise that they were in a bulk lot of Promo/Preview sets that I purchased.I will go back to the seller and try and find out any thing about them

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have the set of cards you are talking about but i cannot remember where i had them from. They were a stand alone set though, there was no follow up to them.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wolfie that answers half the question.
Now to find out how and what they were issued for.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've had a vague memory of another set like this being discussed before but couldn't say what, when or where. A few minutes ago, I ran across this (thread goes on to mention the Serenity set):

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....4605453/m/5947081516

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I have the set of cards you are talking about but i cannot remember where i had them from. They were a stand alone set though, there was no follow up to them.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ah yes that's the one. See my memory was no good back then either. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Serenity set, I have been in contact with the seller and for the lif of him he can not remember were he got the set and anything about it .
Back to the Seeker set very nice I see that it has the Disneyland 1 ABC Television written in the top right corner so the two sets seem to be by two different studios.
This could indicate that they were movie release products
But dont know and dont want to speculate,I am sure something will come up in the future just like this enquiry led to the seeker one coming up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Serenity set was sold last week on the Bay $35.
I emailed the seller and his reply was did not have a clue they were his Grandfathers and that is all he knew.
So missed out on info again