Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Disney / Upper Deck Magical Partnership Promo Card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney / Upper Deck Magical Partnership Promo Card
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
I got this card in the mail today. Made in 1995 by Upper Deck to show Disney what they could produce if they partnered with Upper Deck.

There are 2 versions of the card. A standard sized card and a larger card about 3.75" x 5.75". I got the larger card.

This card has been very high on my want list for many years.... Still keeping my eye open for the standard sized card as well.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike,
The guy sold it to ME and then refunded me the money!!!!!! There was no reason to since his auction said make an offer. I did, and it was accepted automatically and the bill was generated. First, I'm honestly glad you got it and not someone I don't know BUT I am going to leave this guy negative feedback for cancelling the sale eventhough my offer of $75.00 was actually accepted AND I paid for the card. Enjoy it my friend. Smile

Posts: 1020 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a great card.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Awesome card - I'm jealous! Do you intend to keep it in the case?

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
really likin the color contrast of the card Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Nice find! Have you ever seen the smaller version?
Would you know how big it is?
Michael

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Mike,
Nice find! Have you ever seen the smaller version?
Would you know how big it is?
Michael

Michael,

The smaller version is a standard sized card. I thought you sold one a year or 2 ago, guess I was wrong... Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Hey Mike,
The guy sold it to ME and then refunded me the money!!!!!! There was no reason to since his auction said make an offer. I did, and it was accepted automatically and the bill was generated. First, I'm honestly glad you got it and not someone I don't know BUT I am going to leave this guy negative feedback for cancelling the sale eventhough my offer of $75.00 was actually accepted AND I paid for the card. Enjoy it my friend. Smile

Albert,

There is a long story that goes with this. I am not going to discuss it here on CT, but would be welcome to discuss with you by phone or email...

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I would welcome the opportunity. my email is.... what else Big Grin promoking@aol.com

Posts: 1020 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:

I'm not totally sure yet. I was leaning towards doing so. What do you think?

Mike.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I have the big version also. Got it from the Greta Estate Collection. Was planning on selling it, but the price was not quite right. I actually saw a dealer at this past Philly show with one of the big cards for sale in their showcase. I tried to make a deal for it, but they were firm on the $500 price

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:

I'm not totally sure yet. I was leaning towards doing so. What do you think?

Mike.

I would keep it in the case, if only for protection!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I'm not a big fan of graded cards, but I agree with Ted. Plus, there's the possibility of damaging the card trying to remove it.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the larger version, as well. Never seen the smaller one.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
On the one hand, I agree with keeping it slabbed. But on the other hand, I wonder about the actual holder. Is it archival-safe? I'd hate to see such a unique card potentially damaged due to chemicals used to make the holder.

If it's not known if the holder is archival safe, I'd say the card should be removed and then put in an Ultra-Pro archival-safe holder.

Good advice. I'll contact the grading company and see if they know. Thanks.

Mike.

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I was able to pick up the standard sized card tonight for more than I would have really liked to have paid, but probably much less than it potentially could have sold for.

Now I have the pair. I am really happy about that.

Mike.