Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    The Pin Up Factory promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Pin Up Factory promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
How many promos did they make of these? I think they were inserted in a magazine. Forget the name.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a 24-card set that Todd noted in PCE but he listed only the ones that didn't show nude photos. You got those with a catalog from the company. I think customers received them a few per catalog over time. I put together a set a few years later. By then, the company had either changed its name to Image 2000 or people from TPF started a new company.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
How many promos did they make of these? I think they were inserted in a magazine. Forget the name.
Ace

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the magazine ACCQ ? I think it was mentioned on the back of some of the cards. Maybe I am thinking of the Teddy Girls promos.

I have never actually seen the magazine.

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I think I remember now. That it was called The Pinup Factory or ACCQ. The high teen numbers are a mystery to me. I remember the 2 Barbie Twins cards.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Adult Card Catalog Quarterly with 2 cards in each edition.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You can find images of some of the covers on the web. There were at least 11 issues running from late 1993 to early 1996. I don't know of a listing of the promos in those issues though you could compile a partial list with just those covers you can see on the web now.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Was the magazine ACCQ ? I think it was mentioned on the back of some of the cards. Maybe I am thinking of the Teddy Girls promos.

I have never actually seen the magazine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a promo that indicates that The Pin-up Factory and Image 2000 were either the same company or one was part of the other (will try to scan that tomorrow). At some point around 1997 the company appears to have changed its name to Imagine. I think ACCQ was a separate company.

There was another adult card magazine called Lasting Images that was in business in the 90's as well. I've seen that for sale here and there in recent years.

quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Thanks. I think I remember now. That it was called The Pinup Factory or ACCQ. The high teen numbers are a mystery to me. I remember the 2 Barbie Twins cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's that other Pin-Up Factory promo that mentions Image 2000. It is "Card No. 2." - sent out to some of its customers when they knew their birthdays. It measures 3 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.

This one comes up for sale occasionally. Card No. 1 is harder to find. Both have a similar gimmick. This one has strategically-placed streamers; the other has strategically-placed cupcakes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ooooh how come they never knew it was my birthday. Big Grin

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I used to buy from this little card shop where the owner would remove the promos from the magazine (ACCQ) and sell them separately. When I called him on it, he denied knowing anything about it.
Ace