Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Classic Stories of Promo Finds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Stories of Promo Finds
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Do you have any great stories of promo finds, in odd places, or outstanding deals ? I will start off this thread....

Back around 2000, I was still looking for the very hard to find 101 Dalmations SW1 promo by SkyBox, exclusive to Petsmart stores, back in the 1990s. You rarely see these at all, except occasionally on ebay for $ 200.

I did an internet search, and found a woman, a Disney collector in Texas, who was selling them on her website. I think she used to work for Petsmart. She had no knowledge whatsoever of non sports cards

I called her on the phone, and was shocked to hear that she had TEN of the promos. She sold them to me at 50 cents each, and seemed guilty that she was charging me so much.

What a find !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Well I don't know if its a classic story but... A few years back I visited the inner sanctum of gopromoman deep in the heart of TX & gazed upon some amazing sights. Traded my only set of Mego Museum Star Trek promos + a few others for Rolling Stones Cornerstone, Anchor Bay Horror, Goldeneye (low #), plus others... Definitely a fun time & learned alot about promos too!

Since then I picked up all those MM Star Trek promos again so no harm done.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post