Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Thomas and Friends Promo Packs

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/8567052796

October 22, 2021, 04:24 PM
David R
Thomas and Friends Promo Packs
There was some prior discussion about these on Card Talk way back, although I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone recall these packs of Thomas (the Tank Engine) and Friends foil cards that were mostly given out at Toys R Us events circa 2009-2010 ?

There were several sets. All cards are unnumbered, from what I recall:

4 card packs (at least 4 different); Header cards were Thomas, Diesel, Billy, Hank (16 total cards from these 4 packs)

3 card packs for Hero of the Rails (at least 3 different ones, or 9 cards total); I have seen Thomas, Kevin, and Sodor Steamworks

I also picked up many years ago, around 2010 or so, a pack of 9 or 10 cards at an independent toy store (not Toys R Us) that were produced by the same card company. It was a giveaway when you purchased a small Thomas train. They were very similar to the Toys R Us cards, but had different images and characters. They were also unnumbered foils, I believe.

Were there any others ?
October 23, 2021, 02:43 AM
piko
My pack has Hank as header card last card Tidmouth Sheds
No #
2009 HIT Entertainment
It dose not mention Toys R Us anywhere on the back of the card
Looks like i have another 3 packs to find.
October 23, 2021, 08:32 AM
Tommy C
Yes, none of them say Toys R Us on them but it has been confirmed that the 4 and 3 card packs were definitely given out at events there. You can see all of the packs on the auction sites now.
October 23, 2021, 12:34 PM
piko
Thanks I will try and track them down