Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Thomas and Friends Promo Packs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thomas and Friends Promo Packs
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There was some prior discussion about these on Card Talk way back, although I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone recall these packs of Thomas (the Tank Engine) and Friends foil cards that were mostly given out at Toys R Us events circa 2009-2010 ?

There were several sets. All cards are unnumbered, from what I recall:

4 card packs (at least 4 different); Header cards were Thomas, Diesel, Billy, Hank (16 total cards from these 4 packs)

3 card packs for Hero of the Rails (at least 3 different ones, or 9 cards total); I have seen Thomas, Kevin, and Sodor Steamworks

I also picked up many years ago, around 2010 or so, a pack of 9 or 10 cards at an independent toy store (not Toys R Us) that were produced by the same card company. It was a giveaway when you purchased a small Thomas train. They were very similar to the Toys R Us cards, but had different images and characters. They were also unnumbered foils, I believe.

Were there any others ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My pack has Hank as header card last card Tidmouth Sheds
No #
2009 HIT Entertainment
It dose not mention Toys R Us anywhere on the back of the card
Looks like i have another 3 packs to find.

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, none of them say Toys R Us on them but it has been confirmed that the 4 and 3 card packs were definitely given out at events there. You can see all of the packs on the auction sites now.

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks I will try and track them down

Posts: 761 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post