Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Sandman framed 4-card sheet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sandman framed 4-card sheet
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted
David asked if I could post this image, so here it is. The Sandman 4-card framed sheet.
https://imgur.com/PiA3FRW

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this, Todd.

Signature on lower right, in gold, says Neil Gaiman, Dec '94

I can't make out the silver signature on the lower left. Looks like the last name ends in "cka" ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An unsigned version of this sheet sold in late September for only $7.50 with 2 bids.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This unframed, unsigned version of the 4-card sheet sold for $23.44 with 3 bids on April 26. It wasn't listed as a promo so some interested collectors probably didn't see it. Here's an image of it for the time after the auction expires.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

I can't make out the silver signature on the lower left. Looks like the last name ends in "cka" ?

It's most likely Sandman cover artist Dave McKean's signature. He did the art on the 1st & 3rd card, going from left to right.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, PCE2008 notes that Gaiman and McKean signed the framed version.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

It's most likely Sandman cover artist Dave McKean's signature. He did the art on the 1st & 3rd card, going from left to right.