Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Cigar (Daily Racing Form) promos?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cigar (Daily Racing Form) promos?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
A few days ago, I was cruising the "bay" and found a horse racing set I had not seen before. PCE 2008 lists a 1996 promo set under "Daily Racing Form" that many of us know as the "Cigar" set because the cards are all about that racehorse and it says "Cigar" on the front card of the cello-pack. The set I found a few days ago is also a 10-card set about "Cigar" but it's from 1997. Out of curiosity I contacted the seller to ask about the source and was told that it was considered an "update set" for the regular set and was available for sale. That made me wonder if the 1996 set was actually sold as well and therefore not a promo in the strict sense.

Does anyone know if the more apparently common 1996 Cigar set was a giveaway or for sale? I remember it being offered as a promo in all the years since its release.

Jess

Posts: 4411 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post