Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Chef Boyardee Promo Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chef Boyardee Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
As i have had time over the Corona shutdown I have found a couple of Chef Boyardee promo sets.
X Men Holofoil sealed pack .
The Planets 10 card set loose
I have Googled it but only information is that they are a food processing company .
Is there any information out there about these cards
How many different sets or cards did they issue etc.
I have looked up the cards and can only find information on the X Men set and I was Quiet surprised to find that there is quiet a high price being asked for them . Any other information appreciated
Thanks

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Chef Boyardee is a company that makes ready meals that a lot of kids used to come home to after school. I wonder if kids still do that?

As far as I know,those are the only 2 non sport promo sets they released. Both sets are considered scarce because they weren't widely distributed and were really well made. There are at least 11 different cards in the Planets set and at least one card has a distinct variant. I hope that helps.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have the x-men set. I at the cans of "pasta" to get them. I wonder how many other people gagged down that garbage to get the labels to get the cards?

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not many ate the pasta according to Promo Kings reply.
The planets set is very nice Embossed and it looks like you can press the planet out of the card wich is Tazos style .Ok i have 9 planets and what could be called a header card ,
must be missing the variant one .
Also it looks like the X Men set was a sort of a redemption set.
About a year ago I purchased about 120 Preview and promo sets some loose some sealed and these were included in it I am still going through them and sorting them out if the prices being asked for the X Men are true and I sell it at half that it will pay for the whole bundle but no I will keep them
Thank you both for the Info

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the X-Men holograms ? I have those, and you can see some on ebay now.

I have never heard of the Planets cards. What do they look like ? Do they depict the solar system ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The set i have consists of
9 cards 1 of each planet
1 card with 4 small pictures on it showing a Comet Space ship Astronaut Moon
wich i think would be a header card
They are colour with planetary features embossed
Each picture on all cards is surrounded by a cut out wich looks like it can be pressed out Tazos Pog style they are highly coloured
89x64 mm
I had not had a good look at them when i purchased them and this shutdown has given me time to sort everything out
My X Men hologram is in a sealed set card i can see back of says Exodus

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Piko,
There are 11 Planets cards plus the variant, for at least 12 different cards.
The one you didn't mention is titled "Our Solar System" and shows the planets rotating around the sun.
David,
The cards are really nice and depict the planets including the Planet Pluto.. Most of the cards are made in a relief fashion so that some of a given planet's surface is raised above the remainder of it on the card. Very similar to the fake skin, elongated Godzilla promo card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bummer oh well i suppose it will be a ten year search to find one card
Thanks Promoking

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

The X-Men hologram set has been rather regularly offered online over the past several years at least. If you keep your eyes open, you can wait for it to appear in the $15-20 range, but if you want it quick, you should be able to find it for around $30.

The Planets set is a different matter. I've seen only singles occasionally available over the past several years though I haven't really looked for them either. I like science-related cards and will have to add them to the want list.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Are you referring to the X-Men holograms ? I have those, and you can see some on ebay now.

I have never heard of the Planets cards. What do they look like ? Do they depict the solar system ?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post