Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Sharkslayer? Shark Tales? Variations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharkslayer? Shark Tales? Variations?
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I don't know if this has been discussed before.

I noticed there is a 12 card set called Shark Tales on ebay. And I thought they looked familiar and I looked at mine that I got at SDCC way back then. I noticed mine say Sharkslayer. And on top of that, one set was extremely thick even though there are only 12 cards. So, I guess there are at least 3 different versions?

Sharkslayer thin stock
Sharkslayer thick stock
Shark Tales

Interesting.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Read it somewhere that the title SharkSlayer was considered too violent, so it was replaced with Shark Tales back in the day...

Have one set of each title but never heard of that thick card version you have.

Every set that I've seen has a paper band around them (instead of a rubber band)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I figured they changed the name, but I wasn't aware that I had the "wrong" name.

You can see in the picture the difference between the thickness of the cards. Both have 12 cards.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A15qXGF168rrm
I'll try again so the pic can show up, but it didn't work the first timeFrown

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
The thick stock you have must be the first printing... That's my guess.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably. Just a big difference that I noticed after seeing the new name on ebay and I was thinking I have it, and noticed the different name.

I am not sure where I got the cards the 2nd time, I thought I got them all together at SDCC. I mean I would think the following SDCC would have the correct name by then. Oh well. Just thought I would report the variations to anybody who caresSmile

David