Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some more cards.

The Cyber City Crew (no year) Manga Video. 3-card set. Promotes a video on one side and unattributed artwork with text proporting to be a criminal record on the other.
#1 Sen Goku
#2 Gogul
#3 Benten

Here is a view of the front of card #1
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

and the back of card #1

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Morning

This time 2 cards promoting a Board Game called Creepy Freaks which uses a chess/checkers style board and collectible figures. Issued in 2003 by WizKids. One card is standard size the other is slightly larger at 3 7/8" x 2 11/16". Both have the same image on the front but with different text and the larger card is on flimsier stock.

Larger Card Front

Larger Card Back

Normal Size Front

Normal Size Back

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This unnumbered card promotes the VHS release of the movie, "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels (no year but was 1999). It was rubber-cemented to a page in the British edition of FHM magazine (April 1999 issue) and measures 2 11/16 x 3 7/8. It was meant to be sent in along with the video purchase receipt so you could get some money back along with a set of promotional playing cards. The front says "Buy it on video March 1st." The back looks like a playing card.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of what appears to be a 6-card set of "Tony's Tips" cards (Nintendo, 1993). A 2-card cello pack was inserted one per package of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes in Canada. The front and back show text in French and English. The back also provides a quote or game tip from the character on the front. It appears this "Tony the Tiger" card was always in the same cello pack with a "Yoshi" card. I have also seen a "Mario," "Fox McCloud," "Kirby," and "Link" card.

These cards appear for sale occasionally. They have sold for about $5 each in the past, but if you're patient, you can find a small lot of sealed packs for just a few dollars.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You should have gotten ALL your money back on that dud movie, but the other card looks Grrrrrrr-ATE!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another card representing a Johnny Lightning set. This one comes from a 12-card subset (release) within an apparent 50-card set. The cards were inserted one per package of Johnny Lightning's "50: Celebrating 50 years of Corvette" (Release 4) die-cast toy cars. (Playing Mantis, 2003). Card fronts show photos of Corvettes while the backs are blank. The unusual thing about this set of Johnny Lightning cards is that they are numbered. This one shows the front cover of a brochure for the 1965 Convertible.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The unnumbered card below honors the 2004 Kentucky Derby-winning racehorse, Smarty Jones, and also celebrates the 100th anniversary of Oaklawn racetrack which is now part of a vacation resort complex in Hot Springs National Park, Hot Springs, Arkansas. It was given out by representatives of the city.

This card could be considered part of an extended set of Hot Springs National Park cards that started in 2000 with a subset of cards honoring President Bill Clinton and documented in PCE2008 under the heading, "William Jefferson Clinton" on page 163. Some collectors might consider that a separate set with this card being the first in a set of horse racing-related cards that were irregularly given out from 2004 to at least 2013 as noted in this thread:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....317077926#3317077926

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

When I came across the card in my collection last week and after research on card talk I discovered the same post you did however I did not realise there was an entry of sorts in PCE . Should not the previous posting be included and the entry in PCE updated accordingly?

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I might have brought up these cards in particular to Todd already. In any case he's been considering alternate ways to list some cards as he looks to save space where possible while also trying to be comprehensive.

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

When I came across the card in my collection last week and after research on card talk I discovered the same post you did however I did not realise there was an entry of sorts in PCE . Should not the previous posting be included and the entry in PCE updated accordingly?

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of three cards that were part of a Pizza Hut promotion for the "An American Tale: Fievel Goes West trading card set (Impel, 1991). This one doesn't come up for sale as often as the others but I don't know if it was actually less common than the others. I listed it in the PCE Additions thread a few years ago but here's a scan:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a promo card for the Hammer Horror set by Strictly Ink (dated as 2007/2008). There have been a number of promo cards for Hammer sets by different companies. Most have movie stills on the front but this one shows artwork by Walter Howarth.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Finally one i have actually got. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie, I'm sure you have quite a group of seldom-seen promos in your collection.

Here's another Strictly Ink promo. This one promoted "The Art of Walt Howarth," a set that ended up getting cancelled. I thought another company would have picked up that subject by now since Howarth had a long career as a comic cover artist along with other projects including cards. I was sorry to hear of his passing in 2008.

I see that an autograph card and at least a few sketches were created for "The Art of Walt Howarth" as well.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one of the "Bugs Bunny Magic Motion Stickers" (1990, Warner Bros. Inc.) from a set of six. They are unnumbered, dual-image lenticular stickers that were inserted one per package of Cheerios cereal. Each measures 2 1/8 inches in diameter and has a blank back. They celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first appearance of Bugs Bunny in a cartoon. This one shows Bugs in a tuxedo with the number "50" with another image of him on an inner tube with an umbrella.

I know PCE tends not to cover a lot of promo stickers when they aren't associated with card sets but I figured I would note this because it's a Warner Brothers/Looney Tunes item some collectors might not have seen before or might not have known the origin. It's the kind of thing you might find in a cheap lot and wonder if it's a party favor or game piece. When well-described in an auction/BIN they tend to sell for about $3 each.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is #34 from a Dinamation promo set which uses at least some of the same images as the Dino Cards/Dinamation set by Star Pics from 1992. These Dinamation cards were the cards inserted one per package of Iron Kids Bread for a short time (circa 1996). I say a short time because right after being given one by a friend, I went looking for bread packages with them and came up empty. I have seen only one other card (#32) so I have no idea if it is from an 80-card set like the Dino Cards set.

These cards differ from the Star Pics set by having the Iron Kids logo in the upper left corner instead of the Star Pics logo.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of four "Batman Returns Glow In The Dark Static Cling Stickers" (DC Comics Inc., 1991) that were inserted one per package of Batman Returns Cereal. Each sticker was die-cut and sealed in its own cello-pack with a piece of paper that told you if you won a set of Batman toys. Of course, most people got the piece of paper that said "SORRY" in big letters. The sticker back says "Look for Colorforms playsets in your neighborhood toy store." Here's the checklist:

n.n. (Batman, close-up)
n.n. (Batman symbol)
n.n. (Catwoman)
n.n. (Penguin)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a lenticular motion card that was inserted one per package of Action 1/64 die-cast cars. The cards aren't mentioned on the packaging and it is not obvious that there is a card inside though you can see it through the plastic. As a provisional name, I call them "Action Looney Tunes Cards" (Action Corporate Services, Inc., 2002).

I haven't found any info on them on the web so the set number is unknown but I've seen at least three different ones including this Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote card. The fronts promote Looney Tunes cartoons and NASCAR. The backs provide a phone number to call to join a collectables club. As you tilt the card down and watch the motion the Action logo changes to the NASCAR logo.

I haven't seen any cards for sale but you can find unopened car packages at flea markets for $5 or less. The prices tend to be higher on the web.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a Universal Studios Monsters Sticker from a set of six. They were inserted one per package of Doritos chips sometime in the 1990's. Each is unnumbered, measures 2 1/2 x 2 1/2, and has Doritos and Universal Studios Monsters logos on the front with a blank back. I've seen these sell for just a couple of bucks each as part of a lot and I've seen singles sell for $10 but they seem to sell more consistently in the $4-7 range. Checklist:

n.n. (Bride of Frankenstein)
n.n. (Creature from the Black Lagoon)
n.n. (Dracula)
n.n. (The Mummy)
n.n. (Frankenstein)
n.n. (Wolfman)

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another Universal Monsters promo sticker. This one is from a set of four inserted one per kid's meal toy at Burger King in 1997. These are black-and-white glow-in-the-dark stickers measuring 2 x 3 5/8 inches with a blank back.

I bought this one at a music memorabilia show in San Mateo, CA about 20 years ago without knowing what it was - got it just because it was a Creature from the Black Lagoon item I hadn't seen before. I thought it might be a Broder though because it had no identifying marks - just happened to see another one on Ebay years later.

Here's the checklist:

n.n. "Creature from the Black Lagoon"
n.n. "Dracula"
n.n. "Frankenstein"
n.n. "The Wolfman"

Clap for the Wolfman.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I like that BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN sticker.
I've always wanted to take her out bowling.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post