Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I think Jack Davis did football and basketball. You once said Mort Drucker did the baseball set.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
RE: Wacky Players.

Of the three sports, two sets were drawn by Jack Davis. I don't recall who the third set was drawn by, but I think it also was an artist from Mad Magazine.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a 4-card "Disneyland/Tomorrowland" set (Disney) - all four fronts plus an enlarged view of a back. Cards were inserted one per package of Energizer batteries. The cards are undated but were available around 1999-2000. They are dual-image lenticulars with one image being of Tomorrowland and the other of another part of Disneyland. Card backs give a phone number for vacation information. This set promotes the grand re-opening of Tomorrowland in 1998.

One weird thing about these cards is their small size - smallest measures 13/16 x 1 inch; others 15/16 x 1 1/4 inches). I provided an enlarged view of a back.

It also appears the promotion didn't run across the country. I saw them available only in California.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Yeah, I think Jack Davis did football and basketball. You once said Mort Drucker did the baseball set.

quote:
Originally posted by Bill Mullins:
RE: Wacky Players.

Of the three sports, two sets were drawn by Jack Davis. I don't recall who the third set was drawn by, but I think it also was an artist from Mad Magazine.

Yes, Mort Drucker is right.

Posts: 2197 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card that was inserted with a Racing Champions 50th Anniversary (1948-1998) Nascar die-cast toy car. I think it was a Toys R Us exclusive. The car is part of a series and I've seen at least one other card with the Toys R Us and McDonald's logos. There is a separate series of 50th Anniversary cars with cards as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one from the 6-card Heat Sensitive Stickers set (Kellogg Company, 1991) inserted one per box of Rice Krispies in the U.K. When the card front is exposed to heat/sunlight, an image of a Rice Krispies mascot/character appears. The measure 2 1/4 x 3 inches (57 x 77mm). There are two different cards for each of the 3 characters (Snap, Crackle, and Pop). They are blank backed.

When the card was scanned, it was exposed to bright light, so you can make out some of the image in the scan (Crackle in a superhero costume).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from the 8-card "Darkwing Duck: His Favorite Adventures" set (The Walt Disney Company, undated). Two cards were inserted per "Darkwing Duck: His Favorite Adventures" videocassette. These are glow-in-the-dark cards that measure 3 1/2 x 5 inches. They are undated but a catalogue also inserted with the video is dated 1993. The set promotes the short-lived "Darkwing Duck" animated TV show that was part of "Disney Afternoon" in the early 90's.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two cards from the 15-card set designated by Cracker Jack as "CJIC1," Cards were inserted one per package of Cracker Jack Ice Cream products - something the company tried out in 1993. The cards measure 1 5/16 x 1 3/4 inches and feature artwork of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Cards are numbered CJIC 1 of 15 thru CJIC 15 of 15 and the fronts fit together to form a complete image.

The sets are rarely seen for sale but are also not particularly in-demand, so when you find one, you might have to pay 10 or 12 bucks.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from the 4-card Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles set (Mirage Studios/4Kids Entertainment, 2007) given out at K-Mart stores in a 4-card pack. It says "TMNT" in silver foil on the fronts. The set promotes the 2007 animated movie.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the #6 card in the "Scooby Doo! Cartoon Sticker Kit" 6-card set (Swanson Fun Feast, 1998). They were inserted one per Swanson Fun Feast frozen dinner. Each is a tri-fold card with 6 mini-stickers on each of the three sections. Card measures 3 1/2 x 7 when opened. On the back of one section are instructions on how to make a "flip book movie" with the stickers.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's #14 from the "Military Muscle" set (Playing Mantis, 2004). They were inserted one per package of "Johnny Lightning Military Muscle" die-cast toys and feature photos of ground assault vehicles. The cards are smaller (2 1/4 x 3 1/8 inches) than most Johnny Lightning cards. The car and card is packed with a bonus logo card that measures 1 7/16 x 3 3/8 inches. Both cards are blank-backed.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from the 12-card "Weet-Bix Peanuts Swap Card Series" set (United Feature Syndicate, 1992). It was inserted with packages of Weet-Bix cereal in Australia. The cards measure 2 1/8 x 2 7/8 inches. Card backs provide instructions and the company address so you could trade your duplicates for the cards you need.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess
An album was also issued.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John. It's noted on the back that you could get the album through an offer on the back of the Weet-Bix package. Do you have the album or a photo of it?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one I haven't seen in a while: "The Hunchback of Notre Dame: Festival of Fools" promo (Disney, undated) given out at Disneyland for a short time. It promotes a stage show at the park that ran sometime before mid-1999.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Thanks, John. It's noted on the back that you could get the album through an offer on the back of the Weet-Bix package. Do you have the album or a photo of it?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Jess

regards

John

Jess

I don't have the cards nor the album but I did see a photo of the album on eBay that was being sold by an Australian seller along with the cards. I did not copy the photo because it was at an angle.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This card (Racing Champions, undated) was inserted with an "NHRA 50 Years of Power Championship Drag Racing (1951-2001)" die-cast toy car. Card front is in color; card back is in black-and-white. The car and card celebrate the 50th anniversary of the NHRA. It's unclear if there are other cards in the set. The car packaging is dated, 2000.

I'm not into racing but it's a cool looking card with a monster fish.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two from the 10-card Bogs Bunny 50th Anniversary set (Warner Bros, Inc., 1989). It was available in a special promo pack given out only at a TV industry trade show in 1989. The 50th anniversary was coming up the following year.

The pack was a fold-out glossy paper type but it was glued shut so it doesn't open cleanly. The cards have blue-bordered fronts and backs featuring trivia questions and answers on the backs.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one is part of a series, "Talent toward 2000," showing actors/actresses from Australian TV shows of the 1990's. It was inserted one per package of Uncle Toby's snack products. Card backs provide background info on the actor/actress with notes on how to win prizes.

The cards are undated but this card highlights when Isla Fisher was a regular on the Australian soap opera, "Home and Away." She was on that show from 1994 to 1997 so this card series might have been released during that time or maybe 1998. In any case it was years before she gained international fame in "Wedding Crashers" in 2005. Does that mean that this is Fisher's "rookie card?"

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the front and back of a 3D sticker (Parachute Press, undated) inserted one per specially-marked "Goosebumps" (children's TV show) VHS tapes. It was a VHS edition packaged in a "clamshell" plastic case with the tapes dated, 1996. The sticker front matches the front art of the case and shares the same title. There are at least two different stickers.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a special blank-backed 4-card promo sheet for the DC Milestone trading card set (Skybox, 1993). It measures 7 x 10 inches with a gold sticker bearing a serial-number out of 2500.

A group of these appeared for sale recently. At least one of them came out of the collection of a Milestone employee back then.