Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from the 8-card "Change the Animal Picture Cards" set (undated, manufaturer unknown). These dual-image lenticulars were inserted one per kid's meal at Rally's restaurants. The image changes from the baby to the adult form of the same animal. The card fronts bear the Rally's logo but are otherwise very similar to lenticular cards from the World Encyclopedia and Kellogg's in the 1970's.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is an example of card #96 with the "'91 5 STATE EXPO" stamp.

quote:
Originally posted by kyfhomp:
Here's some additional info about the Muscle Cards with 91 5 STATE EXPO in silver on their fronts. I have the following cards: 1of8, 5of8, 6of8, #84, #90, #93, #94, #96, #98, #101 for a total of 10 cards. I also have 3 cards with CARD EXPO 92 on their fronts in gold (one of which I found a few months ago). The gold front cards are 3of8, 6of8, & 7of8. I've had all of the others for at least 10 or twelve years but I run a search for additional cards every now and then and have not seen any in all that time. I doubt that they did entire sets for these two shows but it would help if any of you out there have cards with numbers other then mine. If no one has any other numbers that might indicate that I can stop searching because there are more to be found.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is card #3 from the 4-card Dinosaur Fun Cards set which was inserted one per package of Trio chocolate in the U.K.. The cards measure 1 15/16 x 3 7/8; cards and show artwork on both sides that appears 3D when viewed with the 3D glasses also provided in the same cello-pack (you can see the edge of the glasses in this scan of an unopened pack).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is #24 in a Tom & Jerry "Video Action Sticker" set (TEC, 1996) though it's possible it's actually part of a larger Hanna-Barbera set. It was inserted in packages of Skip's snacks and measures 1 9/16 x 1 9/16 inches. I've seen a number of cards and stickers from Skip's snacks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
This is #24 in a Tom & Jerry "Video Action Sticker" (lenticular motion) set (TEC, 1996) though it's possible it's actually part of a larger Hanna-Barbera set. This is #24 in a Tom & Jerry "Video Action Sticker" set (TEC, 1996) though it's possible it's actually part of a larger Hanna-Barbera set. It was inserted in packages of Skip's snacks and measures 1 9/16 x 1 9/16 inches. I've seen a number of cards and stickers from Skip's snacks.

Jess

I have that card, it is part of a 30 card set. Cards 1-10 were The Flintstones, cards 11-20 were Wacky Races and cards 21-30 were Tom & Jerry.

Keeping with the Skips theme, they also produced a 25 card set on The Mask these being larger cards 80mm x 60mm and lenticular. A 24 card set for the Cartoon Network with cards TC1-TC8 being Top Cat, cards TJ1-TJ8 being Tom & Jerry and cards SD1-Sd8 being Scooby Doo. Again the size is 80mm x 60mm.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, John. That information sounds familiar. I think someone told me that years ago and might be why I have a sample of each of those groups. Here's one from the Flintstones subset (#7 Barney) and one from the Wacky Races (#11 Penelope Pitstop).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Todd listed the Mask and and a Scooby group that might be the one you've noted as part of the Cartoon Network set. I might have a few of those Mask lenticulars too.

I also have this one from Skips. It's #1 from a set of Rugrats "Movie Motion Stickers" (Paramount Pictures/Viacom International, Inc,, 1998). It promotes "The Rugrats Movie."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a promo card from 2006 for VividVision (Vivid Vison) lenticular posters made by Mello Smello. It is a dual-image lenticular that changes from an image of the VividVision logo with some text to an image of the Enterprise from the original series. It measures 3 x 4.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yay i've got that one. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a 2-card panel that was inserted with the "Really Wild Animals: Deep Sea Dive" videocassette released in 1993 by the National Geographic Society. There's a date on the back that says 1983 but that's the photography copyright. The panel measures 3 1/4 x 5 inches with the cards separable along a perforated line. The card backs have informative text and a map.

There may be other 2-card panels with different cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two Godzilla cards (Toho Co., Ltd., 1998) that appear to be promos. Both have Toys R Us and Kids R Us logos on the back so they were likely distributed through one of their promotions - might be bonus cards given away with a purchase of a particular toy or inserted with a store exclusive.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Back when the GODZILLA movie came out, I bought a bunch of the toys at Toys R Us, and they were giving these packs out free with the purchase. I always intended to go back and buy another toy to get another one to open, but I never did, and this one has remained intact on my bookshelf ever since, with me always wondering what was inside it. Maybe those cards are in there!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, I would bet at least one of them is in there. You should open it although I understand liking to keep them unopened. I tend to keep some promo packs sealed especially if it's a cello-pack but I open some too.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one of the unnumbered cards in the 8-card "Tenchi Universe Collection" (AIC/Pioneer LDC, Inc.). They were inserted one per specially-stickered VHS tape and I think the same cards were packaged with laserdiscs too. They have mostly foil fronts and measure 2 1/2 x 4 inches. The backs form a complete image when all the cards are placed together. The cards are undated but the videos were released in 1997. It's a tough set to complete.

These are the cards I have seen:

n.n. "Ayeka"
n.n. "Kijone"
n.n. "Mihoshi"
n.n. "Sasami"
n.n. "Tenchi"
n.n. "Washu"

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 documents three promos sets associated with Game Players magazine. Here's another one. This is card #2 from the "Game Players Presents: SSF II: The Street 16" set (Game Players, no year). The cards may have been inserted with Game Players magazine or given out at a show. They have perforated edges so they were likely originally issued as part of a sheet. The card backs provide background information on the character. The set promotes the Super Street Fighter II video game.

I received some loose cards in a lot and saw a couple of others online. It appears to be a 15-card set as I haven't seen a card number higher than 15.

1 "Guile"
2 "Blanka"
3 "E. Honda"
4 "Ryu"; 2 5/8 x 3 1/2 inches
5 "Cammy"
7 "Fei Long"
8 "Thunder Hawk"
10 "Zangief"
12 "Vega"
13 "Sagat"
15 "Balrog"

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh yeah, I would bet at least one of them is in there. You should open it although I understand liking to keep them unopened. I tend to keep some promo packs sealed especially if it's a cello-pack but I open some too.

They were both in the pack together.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
This is my entry on these. please forgive the alignment:

Game Players Presents Super Street Fighter II: The Street 16 (no year) Game Players. Set number not determined; inserted in Game Players magazine; 8-card, perforated sheets; roughly 10 by 7-1/4; each has a white stip on top saying "Collect the full 16-card Super Street Fighter II set"; there are 16 different cards, but mixed on different sheets; promotes a video game.
The 16 cards:
• 1 "Guile" • 9 "Chun Li"
• 2 "Blanka" • 10 "Zangief"
• 3 "E. Honda" • 11 "M. Bison"
• 4 "Ryu" • 12 "Vega"
• 5 "Cammy" • 13 "Sagat"
• 6 "Dee Jay" • 14 "Ken"
• 7 "Fei Long" • 15 "Balrog"
• 8 "Thunder Hawk" • 16 "Dhalsim"
The sheets they are on:
□ (15, 3, 10, 11, 13, 3, 8, 1)
□ (3, 9, 10, 12, 13, 6, 1, 14)
□ (13, 10, 11, 12, 3, 4, 9, 16)
□ (13, 3, 4, 12, 13, 2, 5, 6)
□ (3, 9, 10, 12, 13, 6, 1, 14)
□ (6, 8, 11, 13, 3, 2, 9, 16)

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an unnumbered lenticular motion card from an untitled set (Warner Bros, 1997) promoting Looney Tunes characters. It's at least a 6-card set and might be an 8-card set. These cards were available through a Sara Lee promotion in the U.K. They measure 2 x 3 inches and have rounded corners. Card backs offer a trivia question and show the Sara Lee logo.

These cards don't appear for sale very often so grab them when you can. I have just three of them.

n.n. “Speedy Gonzales”
n.n. “Tasmanian Devil”
n.n. “Tweety Pie”

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's an unnumbered lenticular motion card from an untitled set (Warner Bros, 1997) promoting Looney Tunes characters. It's at least a 6-card set and might be an 8-card set. These cards were available through a Sara Lee promotion in the U.K. They measure 2 x 3 inches and have rounded corners. Card backs offer a trivia question and show the Sara Lee logo.

These cards don't appear for sale very often so grab them when you can. I have just three of them.

n.n. “Speedy Gonzales”
n.n. “Tasmanian Devil”
n.n. “Tweety Pie”

Jess
The Cartophilic Notes and News magazine of the CSGB in its July/August 1997 issue listed these as a series of 6 cards and that they are found in Sara Lee Frozen Gateau Cakes.

The missing cards from your listing are:-
Bugs Bunny
Daffy Duck
Sylvester

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Todd listed the Mask and and a Scooby group that might be the one you've noted as part of the Cartoon Network set. I might have a few of those Mask lenticulars too.

I also have this one from Skips. It's #1 from a set of Rugrats "Movie Motion Stickers" (Paramount Pictures/Viacom International, Inc,, 1998). It promotes "The Rugrats Movie."

Jess

I have found a reference to these cards in the Cartophilic Notes and News issue for May/June 1999. Threy are noted as a set of 18, sized 40mm x 40mm with rounded corners and were found in the small single packs Skips Savoury Snacks from KP Foods UK.

regards

John