Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are one glow-in-the-dark "mousehole" sticker, one "splat" sticker, and one puzzle card from the 32-card "Tom and Jerry Sticker Sets" (Turner Entertainment Company/Kellogg Company, 1998). There are 8 different glow-in-the-dark mousehole stickers, 8 splat stickers and 16 puzzle cards. They were inserted one mousehole sticker, one splat sticker, and two puzzle cards per package of Ricicles, Choco Krispies, Rice Krispies, or Honey Loops cereal in the U.K. The mousehole stickers measure 3 x 4 1/8 inches. The splat stickers and puzzle cards measure 2 x 3 inches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card #1 from the "Robin Hood" 12-card set (Disney Home Video, 1996) inserted one per package of Weet Bix products in New Zealand. Each one measures about 3 x 3 3/4 inches or 75 x 95mm. The fronts show scenes from the 1973 animated movie. The backs are puzzle pieces forming a complete image. The cards promote one of the re-releases of the movie in VHS format.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's card #1 from the "Robin Hood" 12-card set (Disney Home Video, 1996) inserted one per package of Sanitarium bread in New Zealand. Each one measures about 3 x 3 3/4 inches or 75 x 95mm. The fronts show scenes from the 1973 animated movie. The backs are puzzle pieces forming a complete image. The cards promote one of the re-releases of the movie in VHS format.

Jess

A UK dealer that has previously advertised in NSU has them in their 2021 catalogue for £6 a set.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
John,

That sounds like a good deal. I bought my set years ago. I always liked that movie.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Here's card #1 from the "Robin Hood" 12-card set (Disney Home Video, 1996) inserted one per package of Sanitarium bread in New Zealand. Each one measures about 3 x 3 3/4 inches or 75 x 95mm. The fronts show scenes from the 1973 animated movie. The backs are puzzle pieces forming a complete image. The cards promote one of the re-releases of the movie in VHS format.

Jess

A UK dealer that has previously advertised in NSU has them in their 2021 catalogue for £6 a set.

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Robin Hood card depicted was released in Sanatarium breakfast foods Weet Bix , I think it was also issued in Australia in the same product
As far as I can remember Sanatariun never produced Bread but i stand corrected.

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Piko. I changed it. I was unsure about that because I learned later that other Sanitarium cards were inserted with Weet Bix products.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
The Robin Hood card depicted was released in Sanatarium breakfast foods Weet Bix , I think it was also issued in Australia in the same product
As far as I can remember Sanatariun never produced Bread but i stand corrected.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of the Muscle Machines Muscle Tuners cards (Funline Merchandise Co. Inc., 2004) from a 7 card set (referred to as "Release A"). They were inserted one per package of Muscle Machines Muscle Tuners die-cast toy cars. Each shows artwork of a car. It doesn't say on the card which car it is so you have to go by which car is in the package (this one is "02 Acura RSX"). These cards have rounded corners and are undated but the toy packaging says "2004."

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from a 4-card set of "Tang Trio" cards (General Foods Corporation, 1989) inserted one per kid's meal toy package at Hardee's restaurants. Each card front features one character from the "Tang Trio" promotional campaign for General Food's "Tang" orange drink. The backs provide background info on the character. The cards are usually bent/creased from being packed with a toy in a plastic baggie.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card that was available only if you pre-ordered the official binder for "The World of Barbie Collector Cards" set (Tempo Trading Cards, 1997). It's serial-numbered out of 500 which was a low print run for the time. It has the set title in gold foil on the front, the card number (TWB-BC1) in gold foil on the back and the logos in gold foil on both sides.

This one hardly ever comes up for sale and seems to be somewhat of a mystery because I have never seen a listing for it on the few checklists I've seen for the set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a 2-card set of Miller Lite promos (Miller Brewing Co., 2003) featuring the company's spokesmodels of the time. No one seems to know how these cards were distributed - possibly at trade shows. They are part of the beer company's classic "Great Taste/Less Filling" promotional campaign. The cards are unnumbered.

I remember the "Great Taste/Less Filling TV commercials of the 70's with their mix of athletes and celebrities. At the time I didn't know who Grits Gresham when he appeared in one of those commercials.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a card that was available only if you pre-ordered the official binder for "The World of Barbie Collector Cards" set (Tempo Trading Cards, 1997). It's serial-numbered out of 500 which was a low print run for the time. It has the set title in gold foil on the front, the card number (TWB-BC1) in gold foil on the back and the logos in gold foil on both sides.

This one hardly ever comes up for sale and seems to be somewhat of a mystery because I have never seen a listing for it on the few checklists I've seen for the set.

Jess

I have this card as well, I wondered whether it should be classed as a chase card rather than promo. However with you stating that it was a Binder offer card I am inclined to now class it a Binder card on the basis that BC1 means Binder Card 1. Interestingly Allender does not mention it or the binder on his listing.

The image with the sunflowers used on the back was also used for Promo 1 but slightly enlarged on the same sized card.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those girls certainly look like heavy beer drinkers to me.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

Yeah, binder cards could be categorized as promos because they are a product premium (something you get for free when buying something else). I recall that Cornerstone's Monkees #0 binder card was also given out to their collector club members. I can't think of another case of a binder card also being given out another way. The Tempo binder cards are a little different in that they were available with only the first 500 binders sold. I wonder, though, how many more binders were for sale.

I consider them promos in the broad sense especially since Todd includes them in PCE. Some binder cards are definitely promos with text advertising the set and P-numbering; others are more of a bonus card - sometimes even an autograph card with the same numbering as the chase cards.

I can also see binder cards being their own category.

Yes, I also noticed that this card wasn't listed on Allender's site. I can't find it listed anywhere. The set wasn't listed even in the late 90's issues of NSU. Perhaps the binder came out later and in a more limited way than the one from the first Tempo Barbie set. It also seemed possible that the card was unreleased and appeared on the market later until I saw someone show a binder.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a card from the Dub City set (Jada Toys, Inc, 2003) inserted one per package of Dub City Die-Cast Vehicles (toy cars). It isn't noted on the packaging how many different cars/cards were made. The company logo is printed in silver foil lettering on the front. The cards promote a car magazine.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from the 6-card "Hercules" (Disney Enterprises, 1997) set. They were inserted one per package of Kellogg's Shreddies, Coco Shreddies, Frosted Shreddies and Honey Nut Cheerios in England. They are dual-image lenticulars with rounded corners measuring 5 x 12cm or about 1 15/16 x 4 11/16 inches. Card backs show Shreddies and Cheerios logos. These cards promote the animated movie.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one from the 7-card "Rod & Custom PhotoCards" set (Playing Mantis, 2003). They were inserted one per package of Johnny Lightning Rod & Custom die-cast toy cars and feature photos of "Rod & Custom" magazine covers. The cards celebrate the magazine's 50th anniversary. Also shown is a 1 3/8 x 3-inch logo card that was packed with the car and photo card. Only a few other sets include a logo card.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card #1 from the 6-card "Sega" set (Saban, 1995). Cards were inserted one per box of Post cereals in Canada with each card sealed in its own cello-pack. They measure 2 1/4 x 3 inches. The fronts bear the Sega and Post logos at the top; backs show the logos multiple times. The back text is in French and English. These cards promote various Sega video games.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an example from the 8-card "Wacky Players Baseball" set (Sunkist Growers, Inc., 1990). Cards were inserted one per package of Sunkist Fun Fruits snacks. Card fronts feature artwork spoofing baseball cards with gag stats on the back. There is a hyphenated alphanumeric on the back that might include the card number. Sunkist also did a set of football and basketball cards like this.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the 6-card "Peter Max" set (Peter Max, 1994) - fronts and backs. The source of these cards is unknown though one collector thought he heard it was given out at a concert in New York (maybe even Woodstock in 1994). The artwork is by Peter Max. Here's the checklist:

1 "Love"
2 "Different Drummer"
3 "Great Wave"
4 "Cosmic Jumper"
5 "A Beautiful Summer Day"
6 "Cosmic Flyer with Doves"

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RE: Wacky Players.

Of the three sports, two sets were drawn by Jack Davis. I don't recall who the third set was drawn by, but I think it also was an artist from Mad Magazine.

Posts: 2199 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post