Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just noticed that a seller has offered a 3-card group of Chester Cheetah cards, including one I hadn't seen before, as the full set. I showed two of them earlier in this thread. Here's the full set:

Here's a link to the original post:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....187076596#6187076596

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the unnumbered Tina Turner promo from SuperStars MusiCards (Pro Set, 1991). It wasn't released in the promo pack with most of the other unnumbered promos and it wasn't in the one that contained the unnumbered Nelson promo either. No one seems to know how it was distributed. Longtime collectors just know that it and the equally mysterious unnumbered George Michael promo are rare.

Just today, one of these just sold as a Best Offer for something less than $55 so probably in the $40-50 range. I can't remember the last time I saw one of these sell.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here's the unnumbered George Michael promo. One of these was on Ebay a few years ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This week, I was looking for a book in my closet and had to move some stuff including a couple of unopened Hallmark ornaments I had received as gifts some time ago. Well, one of the ornaments slipped off a box as I was setting it down. It bumped on the floor and to my surprise a card slid partly out of the box. The ornament is apparently not meant to be hung on a Christmas tree - more of a display piece as it is rather heavy and comes with a base to display it on. It's a replica of the Enterprise from the "Star Trek: Enterprise" TV show from about 20 years ago. The card is standard size with a photo of the replica on the front and spaces to write in the name of the gift giver and the recipient along with a space to add a holiday greeting/note on the back.

I had heard about cards like this one a few years ago and thought I had read it somewhere here on Card Talk but it might have been mentioned during one of the promo meetings. Hallmark included them in a number of their ornaments in the early 2000's. I have seen several of them but have no idea how many different ones there are nor for how many years they were available. I have a few other unopened Hallmark ornaments and it turns out I have another card which was packed with the Slave 1, Boba Fett's ship from the Star Wars universe.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Indeed there are hundreds! Hallmark began including them as I recall, in 2002 through the mid-2000s, with their ornaments.

They include Christmas related themes; most pop-culture genres and sports icons from the era. Pretty much a smorgasbord of delights for a promo card collector.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the 9-card "Awesome Airplanes" uncut sheet that was inserted with the "Awesome Airplanes" VHS video. It measures 7 x 10 1/8 inches and the cards have descriptive text on the backs. If you collect airplane cards, you might not have this one. As you can see, the cards undated but the back of the box is dated 1994.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw one of these several years ago but got outbid or otherwise missed it but found one a couple of years ago.
It's a tri-image lenticular apparently promoting In-N-Out restaurants but the origin is unknown. When I first saw it, I emailed the company to ask about it but the rep who responded didn't know what I was talking about and she was in the marketing department. It's 2 x 3 inches with rounded corners and it's dated 1997.

Both times I saw this, it was offered as a promo - perhaps something given out at a trade show or other event.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I saw one of these several years ago but got outbid or otherwise missed it but found one a couple of years ago.

I have 6 different ones plus a square one for the 50th. No clue how many more there are. If any.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the Slave 1 Starfighter Hallmark Christmas ornament card.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another "Hollywood on Wheels" card (Playing Mantis, 1998) inserted with "Johnny Lightning" die cast cars. I showed one also featuring the 1960's TV show, "Dragnet," earlier in this thread (June, 2021).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, now the Chester Cheetah set is at least a 4-card set because I found another one. You could call it the fourth jewel in the triple crown.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A friend sent me the scan below of a promo set I'm not sure I've seen before. It's titled, "Can It Be Love?" (Academy Entertainment, 1992) with an order date and release date on the back. I don't remember seeing a regular set.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Can he send you the backs? Smile

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is the 6-card "Peter Max" set (Peter Max, 1994) - fronts and backs. The source of these cards is unknown though one collector thought he heard it was given out at a concert in New York (maybe even Woodstock in 1994).

I seem to recall these being solicited in Diamond. I do not believe this is a promo set, but maybe Im wrong.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have some of the Can It Be Love promos. The backs are all white and have the 1992 copyright. They mention an order cut off date sometime in August 92 and a street release date of September

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
He had scanned only the fronts.

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
quote:

Can he send you the backs? Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wasn't sure on that one either but I bought a set and had it for a few years before selling it. I had heard it was a promo and have always seen it sold as one but no one seems to know the source. If someone has an issue of Previews or Advance Comics from 1994, at least one of those would list it if it was for sale.

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
quote:
This is the 6-card "Peter Max" set (Peter Max, 1994) - fronts and backs. The source of these cards is unknown though one collector thought he heard it was given out at a concert in New York (maybe even Woodstock in 1994).

I seem to recall these being solicited in Diamond. I do not believe this is a promo set, but maybe Im wrong.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One of these sold on Feb 20 for $16.21 after 7 bids. It might have gone for more but the corners look a little worn. It looks like a nice card for the price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16593...rksid=p2047675.l2557

quote:
The PCE2008 lists three cards from the Marvel Comics Live and in Person set (Marvel Entertainment Group) from 1992. It turns out there was also at least one card given out the following year. I don't know how it was distributed but it must have been in a more limited way than the 1992 cards because I've seen it maybe just once. It might have been given out at just one show or special event.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an odd motion card that might be a prototype - doesn't appear to be something that was for sale. It shows a couple of seconds of a scene from the movie, "Striptease." It measures 3 3/4 x 5 5/8 inches (95mm x 143mm). It shows Demi Moore pulling off her shirt revealing a bikini top as the movie title appears from left to right. It doesn't show any other text to identify the manufacturer but I assume it's by Kodak.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one is a dual-image lenticular promo card (Universal Studios/U-Drive) promoting "The Land Before Time." The year isn't given but it promotes the first movie - either the theatrical release in 1988 or the VHS release in 1989 (maybe the DVD release in 1997) because U-Drive (U-Drive Productions, Inc.) and Universal Studios partnered on the first movie but not on any of the 13 straight-to-video sequels.

The card was inserted in its own cello-pack with a Fileni meat product in Italy. It measures 2 1/8 x 3 3/8 inches. I don't know the set number but I have two different ones.