Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes was happy to get it, As Ed did not have it when I got the odd ones that I wanted.
Kennywoods has some on his haves list

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up more information on these Kentucky Derby cards. The three prototypes were distributed in limited quantities as "first proposed design draft" cards in a rack pack to the media, Churchill Downs, and the Kentucky Derby Festival in 1988 but they weren't for sale. For some reason officials at Churchill Downs approved the use of the Festival logo on the packaging but not on the cards themselves so none of the cards in the packs that were for sale later had the logos.

The photo shows the 3-card prototype version of the rack pack on the right and the 15-card product that was for sale on the left. It also allows you to see the different photos and typeface used for the Secretariat card. Neither the cards nor packaging are dated but the regular cards are said to have been released in 1991. The regular cards show winners of the derby from 1875 to 1990 according to Allender.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here are three rare prototype cards for the Kentucky Derby Trading Cards Collector Series (no year) by Horse Star Cards. They are very similar to the regular base cards (12, 67, 99) in the set except they have a "Kentucky Derby Festival" logo on the front upper right corner (while the base cards do not) with slightly different back text as well. The photo on the #99 prototype is also different.

While the prototypes and base cards are undated, they are said to have been released in 1989 or 1990 or 1991. The date is unclear because they were released in different ways (sold by the pack, rack pack, and a limited edition binder set).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This a card that promotes the movie, "Stuart Little 2." It was part of a set available in packages of Land O' Frost sliced meat around late 2002/early 2003. I don't know how many cards are in the set but have seen three different ones. The front shows a movie still; the back is a sweepstakes entry gamepiece that tells you if you won a prize (a promotional lunch box). Each card was wrapped in a cello-pack and inserted one per package.

Jess

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I like these too. I think that considering how difficult they have been to find over the last 17 years,the set probably consists of only 4 cards. Just a deduction. But, If I'm right, since I have 3 different ones and the one in your picture IS the one I'm missing, then you must reciprocally also be missing one of the ones I have. I recently came across a double on these. If It's the one you're missing I will send it to you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a Stuart Little 2 Land O'Frost card of him wearing a backpack on ebay now, in case either of you need it.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
IMG_20200626_150231

This message has been edited. Last edited by: piko,

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

The ones I have are the one shown, the one with him and a bird, and the one with him in a sweater. I don't have the one with him wearing a backpack. If it's an extra, yes, I accept your offer. Thank you.

The funny thing is I also think it's a 4-card set but only because the two Casa Fiesta Stuart Little sets were also 4-card sets.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I like these too. I think that considering how difficult they have been to find over the last 17 years,the set probably consists of only 4 cards. Just a deduction. But, If I'm right, since I have 3 different ones and the one in your picture IS the one I'm missing, then you must reciprocally also be missing one of the ones I have. I recently came across a double on these. If It's the one you're missing I will send it to you.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tommy C,

Thanks for the notice. It's an odd lot: wrestling cards and a Stuart Little. But hey, that's card collecting. If we can get a card from buying a different brand of lunch meat, we're going to get it.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There is a Stuart Little 2 Land O'Frost card of him wearing a backpack on ebay now, in case either of you need it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a 4-card set of Aeon Flux cards (2005, MTV Networks) that was inserted in with specially-marked DVD's only at Target. It was noted in Promoking's list of PCE additions/corrections and discussed in this thread:

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....767085926#7767085926

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those Aeon Flux cards were hard to find in 2005. I remember going to Target at the time of release, but not finding the DVDs. The stores told me that they only ordered 1 or 2 copies, as there was no demand. I think that I eventually found the cards on ebay a few years later.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is what the Stuart Little card with the bird looks like. I thought it was a squirrel

https://www.proxibid.com/Art-A...Information/50400541

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

I have some good news for you. The card pictured is actually an extra. I thought I had just three different but just looked at them (can't find the one with Stuart and the bird at the moment). I will send the extra to you if you like.

Jess

quote:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Jess,
That is nice of you. Wait until I get my hands on the extra one I have to see if it's one of the ones you're missing. Plus I will send you the Amish Heritage prototype card previously promised.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

Okay. I still have another card for you too.

Jess

quote:
Jess,
That is nice of you. Wait until I get my hands on the extra one I have to see if it's one of the ones you're missing. Plus I will send you the Amish Heritage prototype card previously promised.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Jess,
I found the card I was looking for. It has 2 characters. Little and a female rat and there are silhouettes behind each of them. Is this the one you need?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

I don't have that one. Yes, please save it for me.

Thanks,

Jess

quote:
Jess,
I found the card I was looking for. It has 2 characters. Little and a female rat and there are silhouettes behind each of them. Is this the one you need?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is card #30 of the 30 card set of "Hanna-Barbera Classic Collector Cards (1994, Hanna Barbera Productions). it was given out in in 6-card foil packs in kid's meals at Arby's. The card fronts show characters from those cartoons. The backs have background info on them with the Arby's logo on the bottom. The packs have a number on the back which determines which six cards are inside (e.g. pack #3 has cards 3, 9, 13, 16, 25, 26).

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card from the Rap 'n Rock Collector Cards set (13 card set). Cards were distributed in 3-card packs with a header fold-out made up of two coupons and a sweepstakes entry. A pack was given out with the purchase of a Hires Root Beer product in Canada. The card fronts have photos of rap and pop music groups with the Hires Root Beer logo and the backs bear brief background info also promoting their latest album. The cards are unnumbered and undated but one of the coupons has a late 1990 expiration date. Here's the checklist:

n.n. The Box (horizontal photo)
n.n. The Box (vertical photo)
n.n. Candi
n.n. De La Soul
n.n. D Mob (vertical)
n.n. D Mob (horizontal, close-up)
n.n. Level 42
n.n. Maestro Fresh-Wes
n.n. Men Without Hats
n.n. Salt 'N Pepa
n.n. Tears for Fears (vertical)
n.n. Tears for Fears (horizontal, three people)
n.n. Tears for Fears (horizontal, two people)

I should say these are the only ones I've seen over the years. I was told this was the set.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's about time for another unlisted card. This one was given out in early 1998 to announce a celebrity signing event to be hosted by a Warner Bros. Studio Store in San Jose, CA. The celebrity was Kevin Conroy, the voice of Batman in the "Batman: The Animated Series." It's 4 1/4 x 6 inches. It has a postcard-like back but doesn't have a space marked for a stamp nor is there any room for even a quick note so it does not appear to have been intended for use as a postcard.

The front shows pre-production art for the show in the background. I thought the lettering could have been arranged better but it's a cool card. I wondered if Conroy was doing signings in other cities and if there were similar promo cards out there.