Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a dual-image lenticular card promoting a theatrical re-release of Disney's original "Pinocchio" (1940). The year isn't given anywhere on the card but it was most likely the 1992 re-release. They were inserted in their own cello-packs one per box of specially-marked Cheerios cereal in Canada with back text in French and English. The set number is unknown but I think it's six. They are slightly smaller than standard size, measuring 2 1/2 x 3 5/16 inches and they have rounded corners.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one from a 40-card set that was part of a Phoskitos snacks (little chocolate cakes similar to Hostess Ding-Dongs in the U.S.). Each card measures 2 1/4 x 3 inches and shows artwork of a dinosaur (or possibly another prehistoric animal) on the front with some background text on the back. The promotion ran in 1993 so it may be related to the first "Jurassic Park" movie or just riding the wave of interest at the time.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This set has been mentioned on Card Talk but i don't think it's ever been shown. It's the 6-card "Die Another Day" promo set (Rittenhouse Archives, 2003) given out in cello-packs at "The National." It's a great promo item with provocative artwork and foil fronts with colorful backs as well. You almost forget that they don't have much in the way of descriptive text.

You don't always see it for sale. I think a lot of people kept the set they got. In the past several years, it has sold in the $10-20 range.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
So we meet again Mr Bond.

I have that set so it must have been easy to get.

and cheap, i'll just get that in before somebody else does. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the same set still in its cellophane wrapping unopened which to my surprise I came across this morning when sorting through a dusty box.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And now we have card #1 of "The Incredibles" 6-card dual-image lenticular promo set (Disney/Pixar, 2005) inserted in Kidiboo cheese snacks in France (titled "Les Indestructibles" there). Each measures 1 3/4 x 2 3/4 inches. On the back along with the French text, there is also German, Dutch, and Spanish text promoting the VHS and DVD release of the movie so the cards might have been available elsewhere in western Europe as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a promo set that Promoking noted in his Unlisted Promos thread. It's the "Long John Silver's Aquatic Series" 25 card set (Mundus Amicus/E.P.I. Marketing, 1993). It was a kid's meal item though I'm not sure if you got a few cards in a pack or the whole set in one shot. It's a lesser-seen set since not many collectors knew about the cards while the promotion was running. I found this image of the fronts online earlier this year.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And here's the front and back of a single from the set:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a Star Wars fan club promo (Lucasfilm Ltd., 2005) that also promotes Gentle Giant's "Bust-Ups," a line of collectible busts. It measures 2 5/8 x 3 5/8 inches - slightly larger than standard size. I think PCE2008 lists a couple of other Gentle Giant cards but I didn't see this one.

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
This set has been mentioned on Card Talk but i don't think it's ever been shown. It's the 6-card "Die Another Day" promo set (Rittenhouse Archives, 2003) given out in cello-packs at "The National."

Why do I remember these as being a "for sale" item and not a giveaway?

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
e "Long John Silver's Aquatic Series" 25 card set (Mundus Amicus/E.P.I. Marketing, 1993).

They were issued in 4-card cellopacks along with a paper insert to sell plush toys.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the fronts of the full 6-card set. Thanks again, John, for confirming the set number.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's an unnumbered lenticular motion card from an untitled set (Warner Bros, 1997) promoting Looney Tunes characters. It's at least a 6-card set and might be an 8-card set. These cards were available through a Sara Lee promotion in the U.K. They measure 2 x 3 inches and have rounded corners. Card backs offer a trivia question and show the Sara Lee logo.

These cards don't appear for sale very often so grab them when you can. I have just three of them.

n.n. “Speedy Gonzales”
n.n. “Tasmanian Devil”
n.n. “Tweety Pie”

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
osted May 06, 2023 03:29 AM

Jess

Glad to see that you have pictured the entire set. Do actually have the cards or just the images?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

I had just two of the cards for a couple of years but bought a set recently and it was a great deal.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
osted May 06, 2023 03:29 AM

Jess

Glad to see that you have pictured the entire set. Do actually have the cards or just the images?

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Three years ago, I posted about the 4-card "Animal Farm" set (Turner Broadcasting System, 1999). Here's another card, each card featuring a character from the movie, from that set which promotes the world premiere of the TNT (Turner Network Television - American TV network) original movie based on the George Orwell novel. Like the oversized promos the company released for "Babylon 5," these cards are 6 x 9 inches but the Animal Farm cards appear to have been given out only in connection with a prize drawing at Crown Books stores and perhaps on only one day in 1999. I just happened to go to a local store that day and picked up what seems to be the full set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a promo for "Beautiful Creatures: The Art of James Ryman" (SQP, no year but it was 2002). It promotes a pin-up art book and measures 4 x 6 inches. Source unknown but it might have been given out at shows.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Two cards from the "Famous Ghosts" 4-card set (Shadowbox Collectibles, Inc., 2000). They were inserted 1-per-glow-in-the-dark toy figure with each representing a historical figure said to be haunting the earth as a ghost. The card has biographical info on the back.

Looking at what's available, sellers think they have collectible gold with unopened packages offered at $80 or more though you can get all four at less than $200 from one person. Meanwhile, a set of the four cards sold recently for just under $20.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card that could be shown in the Sports/Non-Sports thread, the "Oddball Cards" thread or the Big League Cards one but I decided to put it here for now - might do a post in those others later. It's a promo (Big League Cards, 1995) for the "Hogettes," a group of all-male Washington Redskins fans who organized themselves around 1983 as they were not officially affiliated with the NFL team. They took the name "The Hogettes" to honor the team's offensive linemen in particular who had already been nicknamed, "The Hogs" by that time.

The Hogettes wore costume pig-snouts and dresses both spoofing traditional cheerleaders yet still energetically cheering on the team. The source of the card is unknown but I have seen different ones from around 1985 to around 2004. The back of this card notes that they also worked to raise money for children's charities. The cards might have been given out in connection to that.

The Hogettes stopped making appearances around 2013 and the founder announced the group had retired.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An unnumbered promo (Upper Deck, 1997) featuring ESPN anchor/host, Chris Berman. It has been said to have been given out at the 1997 All-Star Game Fan Fest or an event related to it.

The card refers to Berman's longtime habit of giving nicknames to athletes, especially NFL players, during his broadcasts.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the Beatlefest 4-card promo set (Big League Cards, 1994). All four have a 1994 copyright but Card #1 promotes the 1995 event, Card #2 is promotes the 1996 one, and the last two promote the 1997 one. I assume that means that the cards were not given out at the same time - maybe distributed the same year or maybe the 1994 date is simply the photo credit.

Anyway, Beatlefest is a music festival that takes place twice per year in New York City (and other cities sometimes too) that celebrates the Beatles.