Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the "Marvel Comics Presents: The Brawl for it All: Wolverine vs. Sabertooth" promo (Marvel, 1998). It was sent to comic book stores and measures 2 3/8 x 6 1/8 inches. It was creatively printed to look like a sporting event ticket. It has a blank back.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a "R'kik D'nec, Hero of the Dune Sea" promo. It was inserted with "Inquest Gamer" magazine (May 1999 issue). It's actually a small card that pops out of a standard-size card. The pop-out looks like a playable card but it measures just 1 7/16 x 2 inches. The front and back of outer card say "Get the Star Wars Customizable Card Game Endor Expansion this Spring."

Todd used to include CCG promo cards in PCE but he stopped doing that to save space. However, some oddball CCG promos are still included such as those that promote the company and/or those that are not playable cards.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a "Little Einsteins" lenticular motion promo sticker (The Baby Einstein Company, LLC., undated but it was 2005). Two were inserted with the "Little Einsteins: Our Huge Adventure" DVD. They may have been a cereal insert as well. They measure 2 1/16 x 2 7/16 inches.

I was trying to think of another example of lenticular motion printing being applied to a sticker but couldn't offhand.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any Alien Vs Predator ccg promo cards they can show?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear that I have any of those and don't have an idea what they look like.

quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are two promos for "Lego Life on Mars (The Lego Group., 2001), a toy playset. The 2 x 3 1/2-inch, blank-backed lenticular card was rubber-cemented to the 4 1/2 x 6 inch card. The image on the lenticular changes from a robot to an alien. The opposite side of the larger card promotes a "7317 Aero Tube Hangar."

The background on the lenticular is dark so the scan is also a little dark.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I have a copy of an alien game card
Alien Egg
I will try and find it and get a scan of it somehow
But from what I can remember it is nothing startling

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

Wolfie

Is this the type of card you are looking for? I only have the one. If so it has rounded corners, measures 3½ x 2½ inches and has a Fox 1997 copyright. See below:

Front
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Back
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hi John

yes thats one of them, i also have that one, it is from the first set of the AVP ccg.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another Star Wars CCG promo (Decipher, Inc., 1998). This one is oversized at 3 1/2 x 5 inches and is not a playable card. It's not marked as promoting a particular expansion set - more of a general set/company promo.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another Star Wars CCG promo. This one was an insert in the June 1998 (5.2) issue of "Scrye" magazine. It looks like a gaming card but is a sticker oversized at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches. As we all remember, the photo is a shot from "The Empire Strikes Back."

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My Alien card is the same one put up by John Levitt
I actually thought that It was the Egg
Being over Twenty years old there might not be too many around now

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just found my AVP ccg promos, i have these........

Under it's Gaze
Berserk
Corporate Agent
Small Arms

These must be all from the Premiere set that came out in 1997.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a lenticular promo for the "Family Guy" TV show (The CW, 2007). There seem to be several different ones for various local CW network affiliates around the U.S. along with one for the studio, 20th Century Fox. I've seen one for a station in Los Angeles and one for a station in Pennsylvania. This one is for one in San Francisco. Some cards were given out at shows; some were mailed out.

The cards measure 5 x 7 inches with the image of "Stewie" and the background having a pseudo-hypnotic effect. His head seems to turn to one side and then the other and then come closer as the background seems to spin. The cards have different backs - different ads.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Whilst looking through a small box of CCG cards in order to assist Wolfie's earlier plea I came across a few CCG or TCG type cards that I regard as promo cards. All but one have the same format with rounded corners and measures 2½ x 3 7/16ths inches and they are as follows:-

Dragon Booster (a Canadian animated series) Card dated 2004 and promotes a prize on a future episode copyrighted by Alliance Atlantis, Disney, Score. Series shown on channels abc family, toon Disney and Jetix.

front [IMG:left] [/IMG]
back [IMG:left] [/IMG]

Winx another animated series from Rainbow S.r.l. Card dated 2005 and promotes cards from Upper Deck and other items from TOYS"Я"US as well as a club magazine.

Harry Potter a card from Wizards dated 2001 promoting a PlayStation game as well as a TCG.

Another card from Wizards of the Coast this time for Star Wars promoting Attack of the Clones TCG dated 2002 with Lucasfilm Ltd and Wizards copyright. The reverse is an order form.

A Stargate TCG promo card dated 2006 from Comic Images it promotes the Card game when you read the text.

Lastly a card I am not sure about, it measures 2 3/16ths x 3 7/16ths with rounded corners:-

It is likely that the cards probably came from purchases of cards given out at shows and because of their rounded corners I assumed that they were ccg playing cards hence being placed in a separate box.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a standard-sized promo (Image 2000, 1995) available to Image 2000 customers who received the company's product catalog through the mail. It was sent in a sleeve attached to a birthday card serial numbered out of 2000. It says "Happy Birthday!" in gold foil on the front and is marked "Card No. 1" on the back. This promo is lesser-seen these days.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In my previous post I meant to add that 2 CCG Sailor Moon cards were issued in NSU with the Non Sport Update logo, the issues were Vol 11 #5 Oct/Nov 2000 and Vol 12 #3 Jun/Jul 2001.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a "Scooby Doo" promo (Warner Bros., 2002) that was given out at shows. It measures 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches. The back provides cast and some crew credits as well as a synopsis of Scooby's first live-action movie.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a "Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" promo (Warner Bros., 2002) given out at shows. It measures 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches. The back provides cast and some crew credits as well as a synopsis of the first movie in the trilogy.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a promo for the "Gilmore Girls" TV show. (Warner Bros., 2001). It was given out at shows and measures 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches. The card back provides cast and crew information.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,