Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UNLISTED PROMOS PICTURE GUIDE
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a lesser-seen card with color art on both sides, each side promoting an issue of "Mike Hoffman's Tigress Tales" comic from 2002.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a promo for the 1987 movie starring Cheech Marin, "Born in East L.A." It is said to have been given out at one or more theaters in Los Angeles. It has a blank back.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's a lesser-seen card with color art on both sides, each side promoting an issue of "Mike Hoffman's Tigress Tales" comic from 2002.

Are those Frazetta swipes, or is he just very influenced by Frazetta?

Posts: 2201 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah. he's a big fan of Frazetta.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see the link was lost for The Petty Girl no text variant. It was showing until maybe sometime last year. It's one you don't see too often. Here's a scan of the front, the more common one with text on the back and the no-text variant.

quote:
Originally posted by John Oder:

No Text Petty Girl

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In 2008 a special edition box set of the complete series of "I Dream of Jeannie" (TV comedy series, 1965-1970) was released. It was packaged with a cardboard version of Jeannie's bottle and a special box containing a shrink-wrapped 55 card set. The cards are a weird size at 3 3/16 x 3 11/16 inches. The fronts of the first 50 cards provide show trivia and season summaries and the backs contain episode synopses. The top and bottom borders on the back are different colors season by season. The last 5 are character cards. I think the non-standard size was necessary to accommodate all the text on the backs.

I think the box set started out around $100, but these days, you can find it for around $30 if you look around. Some sellers sell the sealed cards in the box separately for $10-20 but I saw an opened set for $5 a couple of years ago.

It's a nice overview of the show. Here are scans of the header card (1st Season was filmed in black-and-white) and a Season 4 card with a cast photo (fronts and backs).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are a few lenticular motion cards with a mysterious past as no one seems to know the story behind them. They were made by Kodak with the logo flashing during the motion. They are standard card size. Two of them promote the Biography TV show (Teddy Roosevelt gesturing while giving a speech; Mahatma Ghandi walking) with the Biography logo flashing in synch with the Kodak logo. The other two promote the History Channel (soldiers running on the beach, man smashing into a barrel). The Kodak and History Channel logos flash together and then disappear across the action with the soldier card flashing "Normandy Invasion" and the other card flashes "The Prohibition Years" between flashes of the logos as the man smashes into the barrel and liquor spews out.

The cards were said to have been made in the 90's and that is when the Biography shows were made. It's possible that these are test cards or trade show giveaways.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card #4 of an apparent 6 card lenticular set - inserted one per package of Cheetos. They are undated but the promotion ran around 1992. They are dual-image lenticulars and measure 2 x 2 inches promoting the snack. It's not a quick set to finish but they aren't expensive either ($3-5 each). Here's the checklist:

1 "The Wave of Crave"
2 "The Track Attack"
3 "The Downhill Thrill"
4 "The Chopper Stopper"
5 "The Hip Flip"
6 "The Sidewalk Gawk"

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a card from another Chester Cheetah set. It was in packages of Cheetos in 1987. I've think there were at least three different ones.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's an error variant of the #13 card from the Inline Classic Motorcycles Cards set (Inline, 1993). The correct #13 card has a hologram of a British motorcycle (1956 BSA) and the British flag on the front and a checklist on the back. This card has a hologram of an American motorcycle (1941 Indian 4-Cyclinder) and an American flag which is the front of the SP1 random insert and it has the checklist back. It was also overprinted as a prototype so it's an error prototype - a rare kind of mistake in the trading card world. I haven't seen a prototype version of the correct #13.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This card was a promo for the Laurel & Hardy Collector Cards set (CMA/RiverWye Productions, 1997). There were 3 standard-size promo cards plus this pop-up which measures 2 1/2 x 3 5/16 inches. I heard it was a giveaway at a show in the UK.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have that Laurel and Hardy pop up promo. There is also one for Hammer Horror Entombed.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think the Hammer Horror one was for sale but the Laurel and Hardy was a giveaway.

The Laurel and Hardy pop-up goes for about $5-6 these days.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have that Laurel and Hardy pop up promo. There is also one for Hammer Horror Entombed.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card 004 of at least a 6-card set, "Street Racing Syndicate," aka "SRS," (Namco Hometek Inc./Eutechnyx Limited, 2004). These cards were given out at the 2004 E3 convention (video game trade show) in Los Angeles and might have also been available in a card pack within an edition of the video game of the same name. The cards measure 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches and feature photos of trade show models (at least two of them, Flo Jalin and Aiko Tanaka, being also Bench Warmer models) though I've seen a couple of cards that may be part of the set that have photos of cars on the front.

001 "Flo Jalin"
002 "Aiko Tanaka"
003 "Natasha Yi"
004 "Courtney Day"
005 "Sasha Singleton"
006 "Sharon Sotto"

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm reasonably sure this card is from 2008 or earlier. One dealer says it's from the 2004 Chicagoland set but it doesn't mention the show on the back. Is that what this is?

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm reasonably sure this card is from 2008 or earlier. One dealer says it's from the 2004 Chicagoland set but it doesn't mention the show on the back. Is that what this is?

If its any help I have the card amongst the cards I obtained for the 2004 show and its image is different to that used by the artist in the 2003 show of which there are two versions.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

What does your card look like? I've seen another "Dove Agency" promo (Choice Marketing, 2003) from the Midwest Nonsport Expo 2003 which you can see here:

http://www.nonsportpromocards.com/D/doveagency.htm

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi John,

What does your card look like? I've seen another "Dove Agency" promo (Choice Marketing, 2003) from the Midwest Nonsport Expo 2003 which you can see here:

http://www.nonsportpromocards.com/D/doveagency.htm

Jess

My other card from 2003 is this:-

front
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

back

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For a short time, this "Universal is Halloween Decoder Card" (Universal Studios, 2000) was inserted with a specially-stickered edition of various Universal movies (The Bone Collector, Halloween, etc.) in the VHS format. It's a thin, blank-backed acetate card measuring 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 that serves as a decoder card for an instant win game. After logging into a Universal website, you held up this card to your computer screen to see if you won a prize. With the legendary Bela Lugosi as Dracula on the left, it's a cool Universal Monsters promo you might not have seen during the time of the promotion.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess

I knew I had a reason for putting the Dove card with the 2004 CECE cards as I have managed to find the 9 card panel that I got the information from, see below:-

Front

Back

regards

John