Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    List of all Inkworks Promos
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of all Inkworks Promos
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I could use any of the Star Wars promos plus the Barbie cards if they are still available.

You can reach me via my email.
ty - Steve

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
8 Star Wars widevision cards pulled, Barbie card is taken, sorry. More pictures Wednesday.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Could I have the Ultraverse cards please

many thanks

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Two Ultraverse cards pulled. I had two of the Mantras, kept one for myself!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict

Again, very many thanks

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this should be added to the Inkworks promo list, so perhaps some of the real promo experts could chime in...

For Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) we all know there is:
#P1
#P2
and the Suncoast/Media Play '3-up' promo panel featuring #P1, an unnumbered promo, and #P3 (the latter two only released as part of the panel)

That said, I do have single of the P3 promo card, exactly the same as the one on the uncut promo sheet.

I purchased it knowing it could very easily have just been cut from the promo panel, and seeing as it was $5 or something like that, I would accept it an oddity if nothing else in the worst case.

I have avoided some Inkworks cards that have only been known to exist previously on uncut production sheets because the rough edges from a DIY cut job give the game away. Upon receipt though, the P3 had nothing suspect on the edge condition when compared to other promos from that set.

I also purchased it from prolific promo collector Glenn Leonard, probably about 13 years ago - I'm sure I saw this card only twice on eBay as a single, both times from him. Do any other promo collectors have this card as a single and was Glenn the type to have a card that could just be from a cut panel?

Any info on this one would be appreciated.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I hunted for that single P3 promo for a long time too, and have that 3 card sheet. I finally just put a note saying "P3 WHICH PROBABLY DOES NOT EXIST SEPERATELY" in the space in my binder where it would go, misspelling separately.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in the 2000's, I didn't see the P3 as a single. The 3-card panel was still a rather recently-issued item so finding a single that matches the one on the panel would have been met with mild suspicion or pleasant surprise depending on the collector's outlook. Some dealers cut up multi-card panels and sheets for the singles because they knew some collectors preferred singles. Sheets didn't always fit well in binder pages making them more of a challenge to store (for collectors) and transport (for dealers). It should be added that cutting up sheets wasn't common because most collectors did want the original version of everything in the set and would have passed on a cut card.

Shoot to today...I have still never seen the P3 as a single. Given all the time that has passed, it would seem it wasn't distributed as one. I don't think Glenn would have bothered with cutting up sheets but he might have traded with someone who did. If he had done it, I would think more would have been out on the market by now and I would have noticed it. Then again, that's one guy's experience. We'd need to hear from more promo collectors to get a bigger picture.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by X:
I don't know if this should be added to the Inkworks promo list, so perhaps some of the real promo experts could chime in...

For Tomorrow Never Dies (1997) we all know there is:
#P1
#P2
and the Suncoast/Media Play '3-up' promo panel featuring #P1, an unnumbered promo, and #P3 (the latter two only released as part of the panel)

That said, I do have single of the P3 promo card, exactly the same as the one on the uncut promo sheet.

I purchased it knowing it could very easily have just been cut from the promo panel, and seeing as it was $5 or something like that, I would accept it an oddity if nothing else in the worst case.

I have avoided some Inkworks cards that have only been known to exist previously on uncut production sheets because the rough edges from a DIY cut job give the game away. Upon receipt though, the P3 had nothing suspect on the edge condition when compared to other promos from that set.

I also purchased it from prolific promo collector Glenn Leonard, probably about 13 years ago - I'm sure I saw this card only twice on eBay as a single, both times from him. Do any other promo collectors have this card as a single and was Glenn the type to have a card that could just be from a cut panel?

Any info on this one would be appreciated.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think it is definatly cut from a sheet and Glenn got it that way in a pile of stuff he picked up.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Never seen one but as x says if it was $5 I would do the same but eye it with skeptcism .
There is also the Lost in space one with P4 on it I have not heard anything about that one, also Starship Troopers with a P3 on it .
I have seen the Lost in Space four card sheet ML1 cut and being sold as singles, When I asked the seller they admitted that they had cut it up also they sell a lot of X Men and Marvel promos that are cut from sheets .
I would say that the James bond one is a cut off the Suncoast Media 3 card sheet that was done years ago and that that any reputable dealer of that era would not knowingly misrepresent a card.

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I'm with the majority X, never seen nor heard of a free standing P3. It's funny, I remember Glenn and he always had the most curious and rare stuff back then. I got a lot of promo cards/sets that only he ever had, like the 12 card Roy Roger silver signature prototype set and some of the Rolling Stones promos.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Make sure there's no moss on those Stone's promos.
I hear that's a small manufacturing glitch they had.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Here are more pages of giveaways, as promised:

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey, I've been staying away from your generous offer because promos are for others, but if those are two signed cards I see, I'd be happy to have them. The Maximum Force Blitz and the one in the middle of the next page. If the autos are facsimile I'll pass, but anything hand signed I'll take. Thanks.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Hi again Cardaddict,
Could you please tell me what the backs of the Heatwave/Cyblade card and the Crimson one with that word written on the top look like.

I don't think they're promos but I'm not totally sure. If they are promos, I would like to reserve them please.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Hi again,

I would be interested in the crimson or fathom promo cards. Thanks again for your hospitality and helping us collectorsSmile

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Raven, I do not believe those are signed, they are printed. However, I do have a signed card coming up.

Below are the backs of the two cards, promoking.

Crimson and Fathom promos pulled.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Great, I'll watch for it. There were many 90's comic promos that were signed by one or more of the creators and got widely distributed. Stuff for the likes of Evil Ernie, Lady Death, The Dark, Ninjak and Shi, among many others. A lot can still be found on eBay regularly. I have a binder full of autographed comic promos and base cards because I would buy from a non-sport dealer who made recommendations, even though I didn't know many of the signers. Later on I found out most of them got quite well known, so it's a nice keepsake.

When you post the photo, I'll see if I have it already. If not I call dibs. Big Grin Thanks.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Once again a heartfelt thank you to Cardaddict for doing this!!!
So, RH3 is a chase card and I have the W4 Crimson promo. I pass on both.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cardaddict

May I have the Sisters of Mercy card, many thanks

John