Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Philly Show Promo Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Promo Question
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Does anyone recall these Philly show cards ? I don't know what they were called, that is, whether the set had a particular name. Here is what I remember:

1) They were given out at one of the Philly show dinners within the past 5 years--pre COVID

2) There may have been about 10 cards in the set

3) I think only 3 to 5 of each card were made, hence they were quite rare

4) The cards celebrated various non-sports artists, with each card dedicated to one artist

5) Each dinner attendee received 1 card only, so making a set was impossible. I think they were left on their chair or table.

6) I personally saw only 2 of these surface on ebay right after the show, and never again.

I am stumped. What were these cards called ? Maybe Harris or someone else can help ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those sound familiar. I think that someone posted on these cards awhile back, but I can't find the info...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

This thread mentions a very limited card being given away at the dinner that year. It might be one of the cards you're asking about.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....217087586#3217087586

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This talk of Philly promos reminds me that I'm still missing the rare(?) David Rosciszewski card. O wonder whatever happened to that guy.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding the cards I asked about above, I think they may have been metal cards done by Faerie Metal. I will ask Jacob.

Jess, you don't have my card ? I will send you one. I think Harris did that one in 2003. However, the photo was taken in 95, so I look much different now.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, mystery solved (partially)

There were 8 cards in the set, numbered PSD-01 to 08 and they say "Limited Edition"

The backs say "Celebrating Wacky Packages & Garbage Pail Kids and the Lives of Jay Lynch and Frank Reighter"

They also say Philly Non Sports Card Show, Allentown, PA, April 22, 2017

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Slightly off on a tangent for which I apologise. I am still missing the four promos for that Philly show. the cards being #94 through to #97, I am also missing the two promos from the following Philly show held October 21/22 #98 - #99. Does any one have any spares please?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On a related note, I did not realize that there was a METAL version of # 96, the Jay Lynch card. Not sure that I have that one.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, David. I didn't think you'd have an extra after all these years.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Regarding the cards I asked about above, I think they may have been metal cards done by Faerie Metal. I will ask Jacob.

Jess, you don't have my card ? I will send you one. I think Harris did that one in 2003. However, the photo was taken in 95, so I look much different now.