Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wings of Gold
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Are there really 18 different promos (one for each of the cards in the set) for the early 1990's Wings of Gold cards ? These depict early 20th century airplanes. I have only seen 6 or 7 different ones, myself. Anyone know ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David,

I've seen only the two I have. They are slightly smaller than regular size. Are yours like that as well?

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jess, which ones do you have ?

I have # 2, 4, 5, 11, 13 and 14

I know someone who has # 3

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David,

I have 11 and 14. Are yours also slightly smaller than regular size?

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are. I can post scans of the 7 that I have. I just picked up # 3

Do all 18 really exist ???

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Early this morning, I embedded a link to a scan in the most recent thread on these cards. I am also embedding the link here since this appears to be the original Wings of Gold discussion. One other thing to consider when talking about the scarcity of these prototypes is that only 500 of each were printed. That's not a big deal today with so many promos/prototypes having much smaller print runs but that was quite small in 1991. I think a lot of airplane card collectors (and general aviation memorabilia collectors) might have one or two of these and they just haven't recirculated since the first owner.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post, Jess.

In all of the years of searching, I have only come across 7 different promos:

#2, 3, 4, 5, 11, 13, 14

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I'm missing 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 18. Hardest #@%*## set to complete!!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post