Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Interesting Auction--Mego Museum
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Auction--Mego Museum
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I, too, did not start collecting these in 2005 when they started. Ten years later, I figured that I had missed the boat. However, I gave in when, in 2015, someone offered me a near master set of the official Mego Museum cards and stickers for a low price.

The seller did not have any of the Plaid Stallions to offer, but over the course of about 5 months, I was able to get them all on ebay and through some other sources, aside from the rare ALIEN card (# 30, I think) which I did not find until much later.

I also picked up most of the spin-off cards and the fan made ones, but I am still missing these:

1) All of the 2nd prints on the Megos, aside from the ones on cards #1-3; I think there are 8-10 others, mostly on the Batman related cards; I have not really chased after them, as the only differences are the backs

2) Capt. Action Castaway Heroes card; saw one on ebay in 2016 sell for $ 4.00, but I didn't see the auction; I have the Phantom one

3) Planet of the Apes Topps baseball card; only 10 made; one sold on ebay a few months ago for $ 100; Surprised that one showed up for sale

4) A few obscure blank backed Mego stickers, like Fonzie (Happy Days) and a few others

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been collecting the cards from about 2006 when I came across them included with a purchase of some GI Joe cards. I have complete sets of both the Mego Museum and the PlaidStallion cards. I am missing some of the stickers and a few sets of the custom cards as at the time I did not readily include them as being part of the collection. Regrettably they don't appear on sale very often as complete sets and of course purchases on Ebay sales between North America and the UK is frought with problems.

regards

John

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the POTA one limited to 10 that sold

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-T...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:

Here is the POTA one limited to 10 that sold

I'm not convinced that this sold. I think the seller would never let it go for such a small price.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Interesting that no bids until 50 minutes before auction end. I know it happens but......

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I was one of the bidders. I bid 100 at the last minute, but someone else outbid me by $ 3

The guy who won also bid on a bunch of other Mego cards from the same seller

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
wolfie, still interested in trading mego promos?
I'm overeseas at the moment but will be back home on 5th April, let me know, thanks

Adrian

quote:
Please, a little respect, for I am Costanza, lord of the idiots

Posts: 711 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
There's another POTA General Ursus card "you know where"

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one sold for $ 82

Posts: 4009 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post