Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Storing Sell Sheets

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/7797016406

May 29, 2011, 05:38 AM
Juelle Lou
Storing Sell Sheets
What do you guys keep your Sell Sheets in?
Does Ultra Pro make a page that the Sell Sheets fit in does anyone know?
It's just that I've got a few on their way to me and I'd like to have them in the Binder with the cards if possible, so I'm going to have to order something over the internet, and I'd rather get the right fit the first time round.
So I thought I'd ask the people in the know Smile
May 29, 2011, 07:18 AM
wolfie
Ultra Pro do a one pocket page, perfect fit for sell sheets, perfect fit for the binder. This is what to go for.

May 29, 2011, 07:53 AM
cardaddict
Wolfie, of course, is absolutely right. That's how my sell sheets are also kept. There are a few oversize ones (The Avengers comes to mind), but most fit in the one pocket pages.
May 29, 2011, 10:13 AM
DanoElMano
A set binder was not a priority when I first started collecting so sell sheets provided a cost effective alternative.

When sell sheets were available, which is rare now, I store them in the front and back of a standard 1/2 inch view binder. For me this serves two purposes; 1) It saves storage space; I find that most sets will fit nicely and I can get more binders on a shelf, and 2) I can see the front and back (provided it's two sided) of the sell sheet without going into the binder.

I put the sell sheet in a standard archive-quality page protector with the opening at the bottom before sliding it into the view binder pocket. This provides additional protection for the sheet(s).

Larger or grouped sets can be accomodated by moving up a binder size.

The drawbacks are that I have to aquire 2 sheets or, now that they are not available much of the time, either buy the real binder or do without.

Dan

May 29, 2011, 06:29 PM
Juelle Lou
Thanks guys and thank you Wolfie, you've been extremely helpful.
So I had a look, are you talking about the 8x10 pages? I measured my Inkworks Sell Sheets and they seem to be 8 1/2 x 11, is there another size I can't see?

And Kennywood, thanks for the tip Thumb Up that's a fantastic idea, I have a ton of modern size comic backing boards, I'll have to go looking for the magazine size.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Juelle Lou,
May 29, 2011, 06:38 PM
Juelle Lou
Okay, did another search and it does seem there are two? sizes 8"x10" and 8" 1/2 x 11".
Does that sound right to everyone? and I should go for the 8"1/2 x 11" for the Sell Sheets, correct?
May 29, 2011, 08:26 PM
Juelle Lou
Thanks Kennywood, I'm off to order some now Smile
May 30, 2011, 11:11 AM
Bill DeFranzo
I too will slip a Sell Sheet into the front of a binder as a cover sheet, sometimes, but for the most part they are filed away in their own binders using non-glare, acid free, archival-safe sheet protectors that are available in any stationery store. I can store a ton in a 2-inch binder on the cheap.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
May 31, 2011, 04:46 AM
X
Like others have suggested, the ultra pro 1-page sheet is the perfect fit.

I use the sell sheets as the first page in the binder for the set - it's a nice teaser for what is to come in the following pages!
June 07, 2011, 07:49 PM
Ace of Hearts
I use heavy page protectors. Works just fine.
Ace
July 26, 2011, 05:24 PM
Larry C.
Juelle Lou you can go to a Office Supplie Store or Any thing like WAl-Mart there. Avery Sheet Protectors for Documents are 8 1/2 by 11. They work fine unless you have an oversized sell sheet.
July 26, 2011, 05:56 PM
Mister E.
Larry, Thanks for the post. I need to get some sheet protectors and did not think of checking Wal-Mart. And congrats for your 500th post. Metal

July 26, 2011, 10:14 PM
Juelle Lou
Larry thanks as well, it's a great idea that I didn't even think of
Don't think we have that brand here in Australia, but I looked them up and I know we have other brands of sheet protectors like that that I've seen.
I'll just have to read the packets to make sure I buy acid free ones.
September 12, 2011, 10:07 AM
Firebird
Out of curiosity, Do they even make sell sheets anymore?
September 12, 2011, 11:26 AM
wolfie
The simple answer is no but i think Breygent may do a few.

September 12, 2011, 01:24 PM
Firebird
probably really is no more use for them since most cards are not sold through shops anymore?
September 13, 2011, 11:11 AM
hammer
RA have done a couple of electronic sell sheets that you can print yourself
September 13, 2011, 11:49 PM
Firebird
yeah i know but they look better coming from the company (and i dont have to waste ink printing them). Big Grin
September 16, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mister E.
And for storing printed check lists of cards, etc... Metal