Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Jurassic Park toy cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic Park toy cards
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows which languages these cards came in?

I am aware of English and Spanish.

Also, what is the last number for these sets?

Thanks,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
Don't forget the blank backed set as well. i don't know how high the numbers go but i believe it may be in the upper 40's to lower 50's.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I am not aware of the blank backed cards, how were they distributed?

The highest numbered US card I have is #42.

Thanks,
David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
David,
I am unaware as to how the blank back promos were distributed. I got them at least 8 years ago. The ones I have are numbered 17 thru 30. with respect to the "regular" toy cards, the highest number I have is 61 but I'm missing many in between.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
Numbers 1 thru 30 are from the first series of JP action figures in 1993 and have a red border and feature an artistic image. The JP action figures from series 2 of the same year (1993) continued the card set but have blue borders and features photo images from the movie. The highest card number I have is 67, but there could be more. I'm missing quite a few from the series 2. tiggerhouse

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this is helpful but a base set for Jurassic Park original movie was released in German?

Sorry if it's not what you're looking for.

-TC00.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TC00,

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen the the blank-backed ones. I have seen German ones, French and English (Canadian toys), and even a card that had French, Dutch, and German text. I have seen a couple of cards from the UK release. The backer card for the toy is different from the American one but the cards appear to be the same. One or more might have a spelling difference for a word like "color" or "specter."

quote:
Originally posted by dpolis:
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knows which languages these cards came in?

I am aware of English and Spanish.

Also, what is the last number for these sets?

Thanks,
David

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just noticed a card that might have been inserted with toys sold in Belgium since the it has French and Dutch text. I hadn't heard of that variant before.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is card #21 from the American and German releases.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Several blank-backed cards sold on Ebay a couple of weeks ago. They were described as "pre-production" cards that were not inserted with the toys.

Here's one of them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/13428...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Copying info from another thread...There are 30 cards from Series 1 (numbered 1 thru 30) and 29 cards from series 2 (numbered 31 thru 67). Card numbers 35, 38, 46, 48, 49, 58, 59 and 60 from Series 2 were never released. There are also 4 miniature cards found in Jurassic Park Camoxtreme from Hasbro. That post also provided a link to a site showing all the cards in both sets but a Hasbro set:

http://www.jptoys.com/collecti...ctor-cards/index.htm

In case that link ever goes nowhere, here's an example of a blue-bordered card:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Someone who posted in the trading section offers and wants certain Italian and Japanese language cards. According to those lists, only the red-bordered cards have various language variants.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one of the Canadian ones with French and English text.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The back looks weird because it must've been photographed at a different setting (different day?) than the front. I pulled the two views from a listing on "the bay" and had to size the back down to show it side-by-side with the front but that left the text looking distorted. Anyway, you get the picture.