Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Tomorrowland promo card variant?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/7727030296

November 21, 2019, 06:46 PM
catskilleagle
Tomorrowland promo card variant?
In the late 90's I was doing a lot of buying and trading, especially promos. There used to be a great collectibles show in San Mateo, CA at which at least 4-5 trading card dealers were set up. Several other dealers carried a small assortment of cards and one of those specialized in Disney stuff. Of interest to me were the cards he had that were given out at Disneyland. Many promo collectors would be familiar with the Hercules Victory Parade, Critter Country, Light Magic, and Tomorrowland cards. I used to buy 5-10 of each them if he had that many because they were easy trade material.

One thing I noticed after trading out maybe 20-30 Tomorrowland promos was that one of them looked mostly the same except the coloring on part of the card was a little different. The normal card front has a dark blue background but that card is light blue on part of the lower half with the lower right corner more of a purple color. I hung onto that one even though I considered the coloring difference to be just an artifact of the printer running out of dark blue ink. The thing that made me wonder if it was actually a variant was that I have seen two other cards just like it in the past few years. It's probably still just a minor printing error that wasn't noticed but some collectors might want to have an example of it.

I once printed out a photo with part of a football field in the background. The printer was running out of green ink so it defaulted to a kind of purple and that clued me in on the card's color difference.

Jess

November 22, 2019, 04:34 PM
FRANK AMICO
Never seen these. A shame the movie tanked.
November 22, 2019, 04:43 PM
cardaddict
I loved that movie.