Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    X-Files 1999 SDCC Scratch Off Cards sheet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Files 1999 SDCC Scratch Off Cards sheet
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Whoops! I accidentally deleted your thread, Tommy C. Sorry about that. Feel free to get the discussion going again by posting below.

Also, and to answer the further discussion that was also posted in that that thread, yes...we have allowed links in the past when something is quite rare, unusual, absurd, etc. so long as the item is not to your own item.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Harris. Yes, I meant no harm. It certainly is a rare item (less than 100 made, and before the discussion last year no one had ever seen one) It definitely is not my auction. Plus with an asking price of $ 1200 I don't think anyone is going to bid !

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to a page in another thread in which another of the same sheet was discussed.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....53/m/9701099911/p/32

Posts: 4392 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that the sheet shown in the link Jess provided is numbered 67/100

regards

John

Posts: 2121 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The one on Ebay now is 74/100

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the single cards of Mulder, Scully and Skinner, but have never seen the one of the Cigarette Man even after 24 years of searching. Have only seen his card on the sheet

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
At the show, I saw them in pretty equal quantities. By the end of it, I had 3 sets and a couple of singles, selling them all a few years later. I got at least $30 each.

Years later, I saw a Scully for sale at $15 and I picked that up.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I have the single cards of Mulder, Scully and Skinner, but have never seen the one of the Cigarette Man even after 24 years of searching. Have only seen his card on the sheet

Posts: 4392 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed recently a scratched off Skinner card sold on ebay for $ 10 or 15. That seems to be the most common and least desirable one. One which was not scratched off would have gone for more

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, one went for $15.99 on June 5. I don't think it's more common/least desirable. It's probably just that the seller was aware that it wouldn't go for as much since the scratch-off box had been scratched off - went for a quick sale. Scratched-off cards littered the floor near the registration booth. I should have scooped up a pile.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I noticed recently a scratched off Skinner card sold on ebay for $ 10 or 15. That seems to be the most common and least desirable one. One which was not scratched off would have gone for more