Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    2019 Promo Want List
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Promo Want List
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Here are the major promos on my want list, which I am still searching for, 20 plus years after I started collecting. Anyone have these or know where to find them ? All of these came out between 1991 and 2000, to my knowledge. If you can help, post here ! Thanks !

1) Blue Angels (Sterling) sample card # 17

2) Earth Tribe promos from 2000 SDCC; missing just 1 of them (they resemble film cards)

3) Marvel Universe 1993 Punisher 2099 sample foil

4) Marvel Universe 1993 Capitol Con foil sheet with Doom 2099, Vulture and Ravage 2099

5) Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards (SkyBox, 1996) 3 card promo set, shows Pirate Donald, Safari Mickey, and Where's Goofy ?

6) U.S. Stamp Collectors Cards (Tower, 1994) promos USS3 to USS8, depict Thomas Jefferson, a train, and others; I have USS1 and USS2

7) Sea World 9 card Southwest Airlines set, from 1992

8) Offspring (Zu Zu Petal) any promos other than Card 2

9) Zombie Love (Zu Zu) set of cards 0 to 8

10) Barbie Collection (River Group) Hawaii promo

11) Oracle Webmaster set of 6

12) Berenstain Bears promo # 140

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Of all the want lists I've ever seen, yours is the most daunting. I have two of the sets in my collection (Sea World, Zombie Love 0-8) but both were one-time acquisitions and can't recall ever seeing either for sale nor for trade since. I don't even remember where I got the Sea World set but it might have been locally at a show or store (back when there were several comic book stores and they had cards). I have only two of the Blue Angels and not the number you're looking for.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Here are the major promos on my want list, which I am still searching for, 20 plus years after I started collecting. Anyone have these or know where to find them ? All of these came out between 1991 and 2000, to my knowledge. If you can help, post here ! Thanks !

1) Blue Angels (Sterling) sample card # 17

2) Earth Tribe promos from 2000 SDCC; missing just 1 of them (they resemble film cards)

3) Marvel Universe 1993 Punisher 2099 sample foil

4) Marvel Universe 1993 Capitol Con foil sheet with Doom 2099, Vulture and Ravage 2099

5) Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards (SkyBox, 1996) 3 card promo set, shows Pirate Donald, Safari Mickey, and Where's Goofy ?

6) U.S. Stamp Collectors Cards (Tower, 1994) promos USS3 to USS8, depict Thomas Jefferson, a train, and others; I have USS1 and USS2

7) Sea World 9 card Southwest Airlines set, from 1992

8) Offspring (Zu Zu Petal) any promos other than Card 2

9) Zombie Love (Zu Zu) set of cards 0 to 8

10) Barbie Collection (River Group) Hawaii promo

11) Oracle Webmaster set of 6

12) Berenstain Bears promo # 140

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, Jess. Thanks for your reply.

Of the ones on my list, I have seen the Blue Angels #17 and the Earth Tribe on ebay, back around 2012 or so, but unfortunately after they sold for just a few dollars, each. Frown

The Barbie Hawaii, I also saw on ebay 3-4 years ago, but I had no idea what it was, nor did I know it existed, as it was not in PCE. It also sold for a few dollars.

Someone posted pics of the Oracle Webmaster here on Card Talk, but I have never seen it anywhere else.

On the Mickey Fun Cards, all I have ever seen are the photos of them in PCE. I have seen the actual card set itself, but it too, is very hard to find, for reasons unknown. Seems to have been an educational card set aimed at 2-3 year olds, perhaps as a learning tool ? The SkyBox sell sheet shows up on ebay, but not the promos.

The Marvel sheet, I saw a scan of on a Marvel collector's website. I have the other 2 Capitol con sheets from this set.

I also saw the Berenstains promo on ebay, many years ago. I have the others, but not that particular number.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

David R asked me to post the following images being the sell sheet for Mickey Mouse and Friends Fun Cards (SkyBox, 1996) 3 card promo set, shows Pirate Donald, Safari Mickey, and Where's Goofy being item 5 on david's list in post one:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John Levitt

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Evening

David R has asked me to post the scan shown below being Item 2 of his listing Earth Tribe promo cards from 2000 SDCC

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found something from my want list on ebay today, the 9 card Zombie Love set (see item 9 on my list above)

I am so happy ! First time I've knocked something off of my want list in several years.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Does that mean something else moves up onto the "Most Wanted" list or did it actually get shorter? My want list contracts and expands.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I found something from my want list on ebay today, the 9 card Zombie Love set (see item 9 on my list above)

I am so happy ! First time I've knocked something off of my want list in several years.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post