Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    I bought a collection and here are some highlights
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a collection and here are some highlights
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those bodybuilders needed to work on their legs so they walked all the way over to my house!

Thanks Todd!!!!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Glad to know they are loved. Smile

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
So here are some of the oversized some people might like to see. Sorry for the lighting. I can do better for any you want to see, as backs too if needed.

#2 The Turtle one has info on back. The Silly CDs are perforated. I guess so you can put them in someone's CD a fool them?

The Monsters HD card is one of my favorites in this collection. The back is cool too.

From comic books in the early 90s.

Don't know what the Matchbox ones are.

Promotes the comic book Victorian. Big cards.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Not a sell sheet; on card stock (blank back).

Fun with lenticular.

More headache-inducing cards.

https://bn1301files.storage.li...ht=880&cropmode=none

These are not card stock. They are on stiff paper. Not really cards, but oh well. I'll still list them in PCE.

X-Men 2 ZipZaps from Radio Shack

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
And lastly is this item. The piece on the left is card stalk, blank back. The item on the right is an unused wrapper or prototype wrapper. Not certain.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice!
I've had one of those X-MEN ON SALE HERE cards stuck on the side of my binder shelf for a long time!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, comic book stores often had one of those pinned to a wall or displayed in a case. A few had it for sale in a binder of miscellaneous cards. That's how I got mine.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Nice!
I've had one of those X-MEN ON SALE HERE cards stuck on the side of my binder shelf for a long time!

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd,

I've never seen those Personality Comics sheets. I assume the Elvira one is the same as the one you listed in PCE2008 minus the staple. Can you give us a clearer shot of the Grace Lee Whitney sheet?

What's that hologram above the X-Men Zip-Zaps?

Jess

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Here you go.

The fifth ZipZap is the car.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My, Cassandra has such nice big eyes.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the extra photos, Todd. I don't remember a fifth Zip Zap being in the package with the car. I bought that maybe 5-6 years ago.

Jess

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Thanks for the extra photos, Todd. I don't remember a fifth Zip Zap being in the package with the car. I bought that maybe 5-6 years ago.

Jess

Were these all inserted one per car? or as a set of four and the car one seperate?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry Todd, I missed your question.

I got the four X-Men cards with one car.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Jess

Were these all inserted one per car? or as a set of four and the car one seperate?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd,

Do you know where that larger Terminator 2 lenticular came from? I've seen what appear to be two different versions of it: one has text on one side of the back and just a bar code on the other and it's horizontally-oriented; the second version has the same text in larger print on the back and it's vertically-oriented. I've also seen the one with a vertically-oriented back with a sticker to mark what company (Intervisual Communications, Inc.) made it.

It looks like the kind of thing that would be given out at SDCC but I don't recall seeing any there.

Jess