Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    I bought a collection and here are some highlights
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a collection and here are some highlights
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Who would make a specially-printed case for a card like that and for what purpose? The card itself has not been valuable. Was it a gift from the manufacturer or perhaps a show display piece?

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, those are blank-backed. I have those and have seen the "warrior woman" card before but not the other one. It's an interesting assortment of oddball cards. It must have been fun unpacking them.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by pcetodd:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hey Todd,

In the first scan (#17 total) I see three Savage Planet cards by Dan Parsons. That card next to the dinosaur one and above the "warrior woman" one looks like similar art. What is that card?

What are the cards with the planets on them in #20?

Jess

The two cards immediately to the left of t he Savage Planet ones are also both Savage Planet cards, and with text on backs (the ones that say Savage Planet I think are blank).

The planet ones in #20 are on page 104 and 105 of PCE2008 under "NASA Planets". I didnt know what else to call them at the time but a closer inspection says the cards are called "NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory". I've only ever seen three of them a few times.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who would make a specially-printed case for a card like that and for what purpose? The card itself has not been valuable. Was it a gift from the manufacturer or perhaps a show display piece?

I don't know what the deal is, but I have two of them. Who wants to fight over one? I mean, the first president to be exposed for exposing himself in the oval office...he has a Marvel rookie card in his pocket...bidding starts at $7000.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
It's been VERY fun going through the. Theres a lot of "WTF is that" stuff, and a nuch of those worthless "rave" cards, plus a bunch of nudie promos and sets. Anyone collect that stuff? I'll give you a deal.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Here's some of the non-standard size stuff.

No clue the story with these. But they are neat enough.

The ZuZuPetal ones are not card stock, but are rigid.

Again the ZuZuPetal ones are not card stock. The Marvel Masterpieces looks like a counter display (when standing up it has set info on the top panel).

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
First card on the left is a talking card (dead though), the Gen 13 ones are proofs (Wildstorm set I think), second one down on the left promotes Face The Fire, and the bottom two are from a Marilyn Monroe comic

The bikini cards are from Texas Bikini Team, seem to be promos.

These are Musical Discovery Adventure.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Todd,

Those fighter jet cards (plus a 1940's Corsair) are cool. Those could be air show giveaways. That "Star Wars: Phantom Menace" film strip piece was inserted with a special edition of the video or early DVD release.

Are those ZuZupetal things stickers or more like paper decorations for a booth?

That 4-card FemForce piece does not look familiar but it might be one of the items given out if you joined the early 90's club mentioned by Cardaddict in another thread.

I haven't seen that Face the Fire promo before.

The Playbar (with umlaut) card is by Felix.

Jess

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Page 25 Dorothy of Oz
Missing 6 of 9 Marshmallow
7 of 9 Jester
8 of 9 wiser
There is no information on the cards as to who issued them or what year
on front is Collector Sketch
they are apparently contest cards as there is a web site address to enter a contest tried it but no go

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Page 25 Dorothy of Oz
Missing 6 of 9 Marshmallow
7 of 9 Jester
8 of 9 wiser

yeah I don't know if I'll find the outside of a complete set. Oh well. You need the ones I posted?

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are those ZuZupetal things stickers or more like paper decorations for a booth
Jess

Paper.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Now I could collect bikini cards lol

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Todd

Dorothy of Oz, I have the complete set of 9 if you need to see what's missing,

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Todd

Dorothy of Oz, I have the complete set of 9 if you need to see what's missing,

regards

John

Absolutely. Please let me know the number and card titles.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Todd

The card titles and numbers are:-

6 of 9 Marshal Mallow
7 of 9 Jester
8 of 9 Wiser

Do you need images?

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
No I know they exist. Thanks for the info John.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Magic Todd, some incredible cards there, some many of us haven't seen before, thanks for sharing mate... Bouncey Metal

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Apparently the Dorothy of Oz set was a SDCC issued set .
I have seen one in a list of cards being described as SDCC issued cards
But who or what company issued them and what competion were they for has yet to be decided.

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently the Dorothy of Oz set was a SDCC issued set .
I have seen one in a list of cards being described as SDCC issued cards
But who or what company issued them and what competion were they for has yet to be decided.

I don't now what you mean by "competition", but I beleive they promote the 2013 animated movie "Legends of Oz: Dorothy's Return"

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The front of all the 9 cards have
Enter Contest at WWW.dorothyofoz.com
collect all 9 to Reveal Back image
below the picture
I have tried it but it dose not now work

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
The front of all the 9 cards have
Enter Contest at WWW.dorothyofoz.com
collect all 9 to Reveal Back image
below the picture
I have tried it but it dose not now work

Ah ok I get it. That link has nothing to do with the cards or the movie, from what I can see.